12

junior

"have you seen this girl?" i asked a group of girls in the mall showing them a recent picture of nola. we've been looking for her for a good two days now and the police ain't any help.

"no, sorry." they shrugged. i nodded and kept asking people. after a while i gave up and went to the house.

"you find her?" my dad asked as soon i got in the house.

"no, you?" i put my backpack down.

"no." he rubbed his head, "this my fault." he mumbled.

"you right, it is yo fault." i grabbed a water from the fridge.

not gone comfort you.

"aight now, you getting too besides yo'self." he said in a warning tone. i quickly rolled my eyes and my phone buzzed in my jeans.

thing#1🌪💙

i'm okay, you can stop looking for me now

where are you my g???
seen 15:46

i'm safe, ong

how i know this really you🧐
seen 15:47

i'm saved with a hurricane and blue heart emoji and you had a wet dream about aunt glow😂😂

aight aight, i trust you, shit. when you comin home
seen 15:49

when i feel better. don't tell anyone i hyu. please man.

i gotchu blood. stay safe

seen 15:52

stay safe

i put my phone back in my pocket and jogged upstairs and laid on my bed. now that i know nola is safe, that was one less thing on my plate.

"surprised ian had a breakdown yet." i mumbled to myself as i checked my emails and saw i got no replies from any of the colleges i applied to.

i put my phone down and pulled out one of the poetry books ms. greenwich gave us to read in our spare time. after about four poems, i sat up and started writing my own.

nola

"i'm back lala!" cleo yelled as she walked in the apartment.

"hey bébé." i looked up from her small couch, a smile on my face.

"okay so i asked around and eventually found all your teachers. you have geometry, chapter four, history, an essay on the cold war and you have to study for your biology test next week...thursday." she put down her backpack, pulling out all my work.

i didn't feel like going to school today so i stayed behind. cleo has been really good to me. she met me at the bus stop at three o'clock this morning and made sure i was okay and told me i could stay as long as i want. but the only thing was, she didn't know that nobody knew i was here.