26

nova

"y'all got everything?" momma asked as we put boxes in the moving truck. a bitch was too hyped to be leaving.

"yes!" i handed the moving guy my last box. today was our last day in the east and chile, i already knew i wasn't about to sleep.

"you seem excited." nola raised her eyebrow at me, carrying a box downstairs.

"as i should be. no more jayvion and his ugly ass. the lord really loves all his children!" i laughed, jumping on the bare kitchen counter.

"i'm just glad i don't have to switch locations with the salon." momma said, closing the door, "tomorrow y'all gotta go to the new school and pick up y'all's schedule and everything you'll need for classes," she said making us nod, "so when i say wake up, nola, i mean it." i laughed as she looked at nola.

"i hope the girls there are cool because i refuse to be fighting with anyone's child." i shook my head.

"you? fighting? please baby, you're my daughter, we don't fight cause we can't fight for shit." momma said before going upstairs.

"she's right." nola laughed, sitting on the floor of the empty living room.

"woah girl!" i bounced on my freshly made bed. we were finally moved into daddy's house and i was loving it.

"it's me finally having my own room for me." nola smiled, leaning in the door frame, "no more dealing with yo big ass head in the middle of the night talkin bout some 'nola i'm scared'." she laughed.

i threw a pillow at her, "first off you botched up bitch, that was only once." i rolled my eyes.

"whatever." she threw back my pillow and left.

i got up from my bed and went downstairs, finding dad watching tv.

"daddy, where's junior?" i sat next to him, mindlessly watching the game with him.

"he out, he'll probably be back at about five. y'all wanna go to the mall for some new clothes?" he looked at me.

"you sir just read my mind." i smiled.

"make sure you stop by the school and get their schedules trevante please. i'm going to the salon." momma said before leaving.

"remind me to do that. get yo sister and let's go." he stood up. i nodded and went to call nola.

"i'm tired as a bitch." nola complained as we walked around the mall with bags in our hands. daddy told us to call him when we're done because in his words, 'hE nOt FoLlOwIng uS ArOuNd aLl DaMn DaY', like sir, that's literally your job.

"okay, let's go sit down and eat something then we can go home." we rode down the escalator to the food court.

"good idea." she nodded at me.

we found a table and nola went to go order us food. i looked up from my phone and saw a small group of boys looking in my direction before they went back to their conversation. i clenched my jaw, thinking of jayvion.

you can kiss my ass satan!

"pink lemonade and tacos for you and a hawaiian  burger and coke for me." nola came back and placed my food in front of me making me smile and do my lil dancey dance.