2.

nova

after watching mom's car drive off, i knocked on the door, hiking up my bag. nola stood next to me, chewing her gum.

"if this bitch don't answer the door." i mumbled, knocking again. the door swung open, revealing a light skin with a sew-in.

"okay move out the way." i mugged her, waving me nails in her face.

"who are you?" she asked, crossing her arms over her flat chest.

"i don't like the first impression." nola said, pushing herself into the house. i followed her leaving the light skin shook.

"daddy! we're here!" i yelled, putting my bag on the couch.

"ayeee!" i heard junior holler.

"ayeee!" nola and i hollered back. he hugged me then nola. "where's dad?" i asked, giving the girl a side eye.

"there he go." he nodded towards the stairs as we heard footsteps.

"my two favorite girls." he smiled, coming down the stairs.

"i thought i was your favorite girl." she pouted.

"you honestly tryna compete with 15 year olds? sad." nola shook her head, pulling out the hug.

"be nice now. this is trina, trina these are my daughters, nova and nola." dad introduced us. i gave her a fake smile before sitting on the couch with junior.

"i thought you said they were twins, they don't look alike." she said.

i hate when people say that shit.

"well trina, not all twins are identical." junior said, not looking away from his game.

"but you'd know that if...." i let nola finish my sentence.

"you were educated." she sat down on the other side of junior.

"black?! you're gonna let them disrespect me like that?" she whined.

"how you my dad's FaVOuRiTe GiRL but you don't know his government?" i looked back and scrunched up my face.

"chill out, all of y'all and come in this kitchen, trina made dinner." dad walked to the kitchen.

"now whatever y'all do, don't touch her food, she can't cook for shit." junior shook his head as we followed him.

nola

"what we eating?" i sat on the chair, fixing my hoodie.

"momma braided yo hair?" junior asked, sitting across from me.

"yessir yessiiirr." i cheesed.

"it's tight." he nodded.

"what's this?" nova looked at the bowl in front of her in disgust.

"pasta shells and crab meat. i saw it on this show and it looked so good." she smiled, giving my dad a bowl. he smiled at her before scrunching up his nose at the bowl.

"it should have stayed on the show." i ran my fork in the food. it made a nasty sound so i just stopped.

"i actually ate so i'm good." junior lied.