20

nova

i sat in math class, working on my worksheet but everyone around my was whispering and whenever i asked someone what's going on, they wouldn't tell me. i was getting frustrated.

the bell for the end of class rang and a group of girls looked over at me and laughed before leaving class. i looked down at my outfit and scrunched up my face in confusion and i know it couldn't have been my period because it was the beginning of the month.

as soon as i stepped out a few people pointed and laughed of snickered, others shaking their head at me. i got to my locker to get my books for the next lesson when someone tapped my shoulder. "nova right?" i turned around and it was jayvion's girlfriend, well ex-girlfriend.

"yes, can i help you?" i tilted my head slightly.

"i don't know what you thought you and jay have but it stops here. spreading your legs for him won't make him leave me, a lot of girls like you have tried but it doesn't work and besides, you're too pretty for that, okay?" she said before walking off.

spreading my legs?

i saw cleo come down the stairs and ran to her. "cleo?" i tugged her oversized fila jacket.

"oh, hey nova." she smiled at me slightly. "are you okay?" we walked down the hall.

"i was. do you know why everyone's acting weird?" i stood by the corner of the janitor's closet.

she hiked up her bag, a confused look on her face, "you don't know? i thought you were actually taking the whole situation well."

"what situation?" i asked, feeling myself about to cry.

she sighed and pulled out her phone from her back pocket and tapped on it a few times and gave it to me.

i read the post that jayvion posted. he lied and said that after the game we fucked in the backseat of his car and that i gave him head.

"thanks." i gave her back her phone and went into the bathroom and saw vanessa and eve washing their hands.

"you okay?" vanessa asked me, looking at me through the mirror. i nodded softly.

"but what i tell you?" she said before they both walked out. i got in the stall and sat on the seat, i was so ready to move.

junior

i stood outside the library with her notebook in my hands. i stood up straight when i saw her coming my way, "you left this last time." i held up her notebook.

"oh my god! did you read it?" she snatched it and flipped through it.

"just the first one, you're really good." i said softly as we walked in. i noticed the library assistant followed me, i wouldn't blame her, i never step foot in here.

"thanks," she sat across from me, "are you done your piece? the contest is in two weeks." she tied up her weave.

"yeah. oh, i checked the website online, they giving out big money to the winners." i pulled my notebook out my bag.

"how much?" she asked, excitement in her eyes.

"third place gets $5000, second place gets $10 000 and winner gets $15 000." i told her.

the closed her eyes and let out a breath, "lord knows i could use that $15 000 right now, even the $5000 is good for me."

"i'm witchu on that." i nodded before we talked about how we were going to deliver the poem and all of that.

the closer the contest got, the more nervous i was. luckily it was during the school day so my family wouldn't know but i still felt uneasy. the last thing i want is my dad to find out i'm playing shakespeare and doing poems.

a/n: short chapter because the next one is going to be just on junior and there will be three poems and a lil hot scene. you welcome.
-angel👴🏾