Welcome to Hogwarts

Dressed in their new Hogwarts robes (apart from Ron), the three boys exited the train when it finally pulled to a stop. It was dark now, and Y/N immediately looked upwards to look at the sky and the stars. Unfortunately, the Hogwarts robes did not have a hood for him to hide his hair from the students and the teachers. he would have to make some adjustments to the uniform once he learnt how to do it with magic. 

Apollo and the rest of his luggage had apparently already been moved from the train and into the school, so Y/N didn't have to worry about lugging about his huge trunk of stuff. As the three boys walked along, Ron was talking to Harry about stories he'd heard about Hogwarts from his older brothers when he noticed Y/N, and waved his hand in front of his face. 

"Earth to Y/N? How had he not noticed the giant?" he asked to Harry, who shrugged as he curiously looked to the sky at what was so fascinating to Y/N. The stars were out tonight, each one glittering brightly as they covered the night sky. Y/N wished he had a telescope on him. 

"Right, then! Firs' years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" 

The booming voice echoed across the station, the older students were all walking in the opposite direction, whilst this giant of a man was calling the first years. Harry dragged both Ron and Y/N to the front of the group and the man greeted him to Y/N's bewilderment.

"Hello Harry!" came the booming voice once more.

"Hey Hagrid!" Harry responded, eagerly wanting to show that he knew someone already to his new friends.

"Is he even human?" Y/N whispered to Ron so that nobody else could hear him, but Ron didn't respond. He was too busy gawking at the giant of a man.

"Right then! This way to the boats! come on, now, follow me."

The first years eagerly followed Hagrid, which is what Harry had called him, to the lake that connected the station to the school, at least, this is what Y/N thought. 

Harry, Y/N and Ron all clambered into a boat for themselves, looking around expectantly, Y/N asked, "Where are the oars?" Hermione, the rude girl who had burst into their compartment earlier, loudly explained to everyone who had ears.

"It's all magic you know! We don't have to do anything at all! I read about it in Hogwarts: A History!"

Y/N hadn't read that book yet. He was only interested in the books that told you how to perform magic or make potions, he was not interested in the slightest about the history, he only wanted to know about stuff that mattered to him and what he could learn. 

Then, as though the boats had heard Hermione's rant, they started to move. This reminded Y/N of the time when they had visited Gringotts and the cart had moved alone. A huge smile found its way across his face as the boats started to move and navigate themselves across the lake. 

"What do you reckon the school is like?" Harry asked nervously. 

Ron sat up straight with a proud and knowledgeable smile and began to explain, "my brothers have always told me it's a giant castle with a spooky forest at the end, but I don't believe them about the forest, who would put that in a school?" As he was about to continue ranting about what his brothers had told him, Y/N put his hand across Ron's mouth. 

This made Ron give Y/N as look as if to say, what was that for? But a few seconds later, Ron realized why.

Before them stood the biggest building that Y/N had ever seen. It was, as Ron had described, a castle. But Ron's explanation of the castle couldn't hold a candle to what it actually was. The castle was lit up in the night, and it looked incredible. Hundreds of windows shone with lights coming through them, pillars extenuated the supports of the castle. It was one of the most beautiful things that Y/N had ever seen in his short life.