Broomsticks and Snowflakes

Y/N POV

Think Y/N, think! What can I even do in this situation? Y/N thought to himself as he stared down the troll that was around ten seconds away from smacking his friend's head off. 

Think! What can help here? What can I do?

Peculiarly, two instances from his time at Hogwarts shot out at him, and both were rather strange. Professor McGonagall's first Transfiguration lesson, where as he cast the spell, an electrical shock passed through him, causing him to drop the wand in reaction. He had felt a rather strange tugging sensation in both of his arms, as though something was urging it out of him. 

The second was during his conversation with Madame Pince in the library in which he felt the same sensation in his arms again, only for the book to cause some sort of strange electrical fire on the book that was quickly doused out by Madame Pince. 

Maybe if I could... 

He began to focus on both of his hands and the fingertips. He thought about the amount of danger that his friends were in, and how if nothing was done, everyone was going to be killed by a mountain troll, about Lauren and David back home... about how much he would be missed.

He thought about how much he cared for Harry and Ron, about what they both meant to him, and how he didn't want Hermione to get hurt either. 

He thought about the instances that had allowed the shocking sensation to happen, and suddenly, he felt a rush of wind pass through his entire body. His hands began violently shaking, power beginning to course through them, but the pain was far too much, and it was far too powerful to control... 

Everything went black before Y/N knew what had happened.

* * * 

A low moan echoed throughout the hospital wing as Y/N opened his eyes. It took a few moments for his eyes to adjust to the bright lights compared to the back of his eyelids. He rubbed his eyes and sat up in the bed. 

How long had he been out for? Y/N glanced towards the window and could see the sun reasonably high in the sky, what had even happened to him?

Then it all came back in a flood of memories. The mountain troll, Hermione hiding under the sink... and losing all control. At eleven years of age, memories and ideas that you have something within you that you can't control scared the hell out of Y/N. He looked at his hands, they were both shaking. He rested them on his lap and closed his eyes once more... What could he remember?

A huge power surge rushing through his body, as though he had purposely grabbed onto an electric fence.  He remembered Hermione watching him curiously, he remembered Ron's desperate attempts to free Harry from the troll's grasp.

He remembered... a voice.

 a voice