The Bond That Ties Us Together

In his life, Y/N had never been part of a stranger group. 

Crookshanks the cat led the way out, followed by Lupin, Pettigrew and Ron, who looked like they were participants in a six legged race, behind them was Professor Snape, still floating creepily bound in his chains. Hermione and Lauren were behind him, with Hermione pointing her wand at Snape to keep him floating, and Y/N, Sirius, and Harry took to the back of the group. 

"You said it before, Y/N," said Sirius, "But I still can't get my head around the fact that once we hand Pettigrew in-"

"You're a free man" said Harry.

Sirius turned to Harry, "In all the confusion and... revelations of this evening," he glanced at Y/N, " I completely forgot to talk to you about this... I don't know if you've been told, Harry, but I'm your Godfather."

"Yeah, I knew that" said Harry. 

"Well... your parents appointed me as Guardian should anything happen to them. Technically, that means that the two of you are somewhat related!" realised Sirius as he threw his rms over each boys shoulder. 

"Now, I understand that the Dursley's aren't the most... accommodating bunch," said Sirius carefully, "And I know that you're happy with your current situation, Y/N, but the offer goes to you too... Once my name is cleared... if you wanted a different home-"

"What, live with you?!" Harry burst out quickly, "leave the Dursley's?!"

"Of course, I'd understand if you didn't want to," he said quickly, "I just thought I would offer-"

"Are you insane?" said Harry, "Of course I want to leave the Dursley's! Have you got a house? When can I move in?"

"You want to?" Sirius replied, "you really want to?"

"Yes I do! Y/N what about you? We could live together during the summer!"

Y/N rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, "I don't know... I'd have to think about it. Leaving the Orphanage would mean leaving Lauren and David, and I'm not sure I'm ready for such a big commitment with Sirius-"

Sirius raised his hand, "As I said, I understand. I think it's best that we take things slowly... so that we can both become accustomed to our new... situation. But if you ever need me, I'm always there for you." 

Y/N let a small smile reach his lips, "you'll have to tell me everything about mum."

Sirius's eyes glowed brighter than they ever had before, "oh the stories I have of your mother... She'd kill me if I told you some of them, when she orchestrated pranks, they were the most devastating to the Slytherin's" 

"What about blood?" Y/N asked, "what does it make me?"

It was now Sirius's turn to rub the back of his head awkwardly.

"As much as I turned against my families blood supremacy ideologies, Cynthia was also Pure-Blooded... Her family history is a lot more complicated than mine if you can believe it."

Sirius went quiet for a moment as he took control of Snape from Hermione and guided him out of the entrance, and once Sirius was out, he stepped aside so that Y/N and Harry could also leave. 

"One wrong move, Peter..." Lupin said threateningly with his wand still pointed at him. 

Silently, the strange group of people travelled across the grounds in the dark, with the only light being the moon covered by the clouds and some of the groups wands. 

Then, the cloud blocking the moon shifted. There were suddenly dim shadows on the ground as the group was bathed in full moonlight. 

"Shit." thought Y/N as he looked at Lupin.