Lynx's Worst Fear

Stood outside the Hospital Wing for what felt like an eternity, Y/N Lynx, with his back leaning against the wall deliberated in his head what questions he could even ask Hagrid. 

He knew that the Ministry had placed a ban on anyone telling him anything about his parentage, that much was clear, but as far as he was aware, there was no such ban on anyone telling him about Elementals and asking if they knew anything about Caym. 

Suddenly, the doors to the Hospital Wing shot open, and Hagrid came storming out. He ignored Y/N once again, who had walked with him whilst he took Malfoy through the castle, and began making his way back to his hut on the outskirts of the forest. 

Y/N followed, having to pick up to a slight jog to keep pace, "Hagrid" he called. 

There was no response. 

"Hagrid!" 

"I'm as good as fired!" Hagrid shouted, "Me firs' day an' Malfoy's already been injured. His dad will have me job as good as gone!"

"It was his own fault, Hagrid. He was jealous that Harry could do something that he couldn't." 

"Even so" he grumbled, "It's not like Malfoy's gunna tell his dad that is he?"

"No" said Y/N, "But you have eye-witnesses from the lesson. The Gryffindor's will back you up and you have Dumbledore on your side. Your job as as good as safe."

"I doub' it" he mumbled, "Anyw'y are you alrigh'? I saw what that Hippogriff tried."

Y/N took a quick look at his body, as far as he was aware, the lightning shield had blocked any talons or teeth from getting him, "I'm alright... Only because of him."

There was a brief silence, as though Hagrid didn't know how to respond.

"So... ye' know."

"Of course I know, Hagrid! As if I'm not going to know about an Elemental living inside my body!"

"Keep yer voice down!" Hagrid shouted, but the corridor was empty, "when did ye learn about him?"

"Last year was when he started talking properly" Y/N replied, "that day in Diagon Alley in Second-Year, I nearly missed the grate for Floo Powder, and this voice sort of pierced through my head and guided me the correct way. I've known something was up since First-Year though when I blew up the Devil's Snare below Hogwarts."

"Y/N... You know I legally-"

"You can't legally tell me about my parents, that much I know. But as far as I'm aware, there's no ban on talking to me about Elementals."

Hagrid let out a long sigh and rubbed is face with his large hands,"Alrigh' I pro'ly can't answer much, but go ahead."

Y/N breathed as sigh of relief, he had finally gotten somewhere. 

"What are they?" he asked, "I've looked everywhere in the Library and there is nothing written about them. The only explanation I have is from him, he calls himself Caym, and he said that I was attacked as a child and the spell went badly, and he merged with me."

"He knows wha' happened?" Hagrid asked curiously. 

"He knows how much he despises Fudge for doing it." 

"Y/N!" 

"What? You can't lie to me and tell me it wasn't Fudge that attacked me. I still don't know why before you ask and I know you can't tell me. But can you at least tell me something? Anything about what they are, anything that you know?"

Hagrid kept strolling along and out of the side of the castle, his hut was in sight. 

"Elementals" Hagrid began, as he waved hello to some Gryffindor's, "are some of the rarest creatures ye can find in the world. As you're pro'lly aware, they come from an enchantment cast by a Witch or a Wizard. Recorded at the Ministry, there's six currently out there."