The Truth

A/N - Y/N's past is finally revealed...

Harry wasn't let out of the Hospital Wing for a full week after the Quidditch match. Y/N, Hermione, Lauren and Ron were daily visitors, piling his bed with homework that he had to catch up on.

When Harry finally returned from the Hospital Wing, Draco Malfoy took glee in using his miraculously recovered arm to aid a dramatic retelling of Harry falling off his broom. Ron got so fed up of it in Potions that he threw some ingredients at him, costing them fifty points from Snape.

"If Snape's teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving" decided Ron, as they headed towards the classroom, "Y/N, check who's in there."

Y/N stuck his head into the classroom, and to his delight, Professor Lupin was stood there behind his desk organising paperwork, he noticed him and gestured the four of them inside.

He looked as though he had been very ill during his time off, but Y/N had a sneaking suspicion as to why, and would have to wait a full month to confirm his theory.

As soon as the class had fully arrived, they burst into complaints about Snape.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"

"We don't know anything about Werewolves..."

"Two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape that he had yet to cover them?" said Lupin, frowning.

"Of course we tried to, but he decided to bully those who corrected him by threatening house points." said Y/N.

"He said we were really behind-"

"Two rolls of parchment!"

Professor Lupin smiled at the look of betrayal on everyone's face.

"Don't worry, I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay."

"Oh no!" said Hermione, "I've already finished it!"

Y/N rolled his eyes, but overall, the following lesson was very entertaining. Professor Lupin had brought in a Hinkypunk, a one-legged creature that looked as though it was made of smoke. When the bell rang, the class went to leave, but Professor Lupin called out to them, "Harry, I would like a word."

Harry stayed behind with Professor Lupin, and Y/N saw this as an opportunity to question Lupin about his lies. He stayed outside of the classroom whilst they spoke for a good twenty minutes before Harry left. Y/N told him that he would catch up with him later, and walked into the classroom, closing the door behind him.

"You lied to her." Y/N said as the door slammed, Professor Lupin turned back and paled slightly when he saw the fury in Y/N's eyes.

"I worked out the timeline, Peter Pettigrew cannot logically be Lauren's father, because he was dead almost two years before she would have been born  so tell me. Professor. Why lie to an eleven year old?!"

Professor Lupin looked calmly at Y/N, his eyes, as though they had seen so much pain, bore right through him as he leaned against his desk.

"You think I wanted to do that?" he asked, calmly, "you think I wanted to put the idea that one of my dead-friends is your sister's father?"

"Why else would you even consider it?!" Y/N shouted, his eyes flickering slightly with sparks of lightning.

"Because I had no other choice." he said, simply, "I received a letter from an 'Albus Dumbledore' that was very clearly not this school's Headmaster, and it was made obvious by the handwriting. The letter informed me that I was to tell Lauren that bit of information with you in earshot."