Aftermath

Professor Dumbledore directed the Gryffindor students stood outside the Common Room back to the Great Hall. Within around ten minutes, the Gryffindor's were joined by teachers, and very confused Huflepuffs,  Ravenclaws, and Slytherins.

Lauren spotted Y/N in the crowd and left the confines of Hufflepuff to be with him, she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and asked, "what's going on?"

"Someone tried to break into the Gryffindor Common Room" said Y/N, Lauren opened her mouth in shock. 

"But only students and teachers can get in to Hogwarts, and there's hundreds of those prison guards outside!" she retorted. 

Professor Dumbledore stood at the front of the Great Hall and used his wand to raise his voice, "The teachers and I need to do a detailed search of the castle" he began as Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick closed the doors behind them, "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to sleep here for the night. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances of the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbances should be reported immediately." He added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important, Y/N wanted to strangle him for not taking this seriously. 

Professor Dumbledore walked to the back entrance, and paused, "oh yes, you'll be needing these..." He flicked his wand and the tables flew to the side of the room, and suddenly the floor was covered in hundreds of purple sleeping bags. 

"Sleep well" He said, before closing the door behind him. 

"Ah yes, sleep well when there's a murderer running around the castle that can't be entered." Muttered Lauren. The Hall began to buzz with noise, and Percy tried to contain it. 

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" he called, "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"C'mon" said Ron to the four of them, they grabbed five sleeping bags and placed them lined up in the corner. 

"Do you think Black is still in the castle?" asked Hermione, nervously. 

"Dumbledore thinks he might be, why else would he authorise a search?" said Ron. 

"No, he'll be long gone after he realised he couldn't get in. He'll have used the same way he got in to get out without being seen." said Y/N, resting his head on his arms. 

"We are so lucky he picked tonight really..." said Hermione, "The one night we weren't in the Common Room."

"I reckon he's lost track of time being on the run" said Ron, "Didn't realise it was Halloween, otherwise he'd have come bursting in."

Hermione shuddered. 

Harry had gone very quiet as the questions buzzed around the Great Hall, questioning how he had entered in the first place. 

"Maybe he knows how to apparate" suggested a Fifth-Year Ravenclaw, not too far away from where the five of them had chosen to rest for the night. 

"Disguised himself, probably" said a Hufflepuff Fourth-Year.

"He could have flown in" suggested Dean Thomas.

"I swear that we're the only one who reads about the castle Hermione" Y/N groaned at the stupidity of some of his fellow students. 

"Honestly" Hermione cracked a smile, "There are all sorts of enchantments in the castle, to stop people sneaking in, and you can't apparate in here. And I'd like to see the disguise that could fool a Dementor. They're guarding every single entrance to the grounds. They'd have seen him fly in too. And Filch knows all the secret passages, they'll have them covered..."