The Triwizard Tournament

A/N - Before we get started, I just wanted to open this chapter acknowledging the incredible person that was Robbie Coltrane. His performance as Hagrid will be remembered for years to come, and played an integral part of my childhood.

So I just wanted to say rest well, and thank you.

* * *

There was the end of holiday gloom when Y/N woke early the next morning. Heavy rain hitting the window as he got changed. He still wasn't used to having his normal sight back yet, as his glasses lay on top of his trunk, yet he now had no need for them.

Y/N, Harry, Ron, Fred and George had just appeared on the first floor, on their way to get some breakfast when Mrs. Weasley appeared at the bottom of the stairs, looking hassled.

"Arthur!" she called up the staircase, "Arthur! Urgent message from the Ministry!"

Y/N pushed his body into the wall as Mr. Weasley came barreling past with his robes on back-to-front and he hurtled out of sight.

When the group entered the kitchen, Y/N rubbed his eyes to make sure that his vision was back to normal still, because Amos Diggory's head was currently floating in the Weasley fireplace.

"...Muggle neighbours heard banging and shouting, so they went and called them what-you-all-em's - pleasemen? Arthur, you've got to get over there-"

Mr. Weasley pulled out a quill and parchment and began scribbling quickly.

"-It's a real stroke of luck I heard about it," said Mr. Diggory's head, "I had to come to the office early to send a couple of owls, and I found the Improper Use of Magic lot heading off- If Rita Skeeter hears about this-"

"What does Mad-Eye say happened?" asked Mr. Weasley.

Mr. Diggory's head rolled his eyes, "Says he heard an intruder in his yard. Says he was creeping towards the house, and was ambushed by his dustbins."

"What did the dustbins do?" asked Mr. Weasley, continuing to scribble.

"Made one hell of a noise and fired rubbish everywhere, as far as I can tell," said Mr. Diggory's head, "Apparently one of them was still rocketting when the Please-men showed up."

Mr. Weasley groaned.

"And what about the intruder?"

"Arthur, you know Mad-Eye. Someone creeping in his yard at the dead of night? More likely it's a shell-shocked cat. If the Improper Use of Magic lot get their hands on Mad-eye, he's had it. Think of his record! We've got to get him off on a minor charge. What are exploding dustbins worth?"

"Might be a caution," said Mr. Weasley, his brow furrowed, "Mad-Eye didn't use his wand? He didn't actually attack anyone?"

"I'll bet he leapt out of bed and started jinxing anything in sight," said Mr. Diggory's head, "But they'll have a job proving it with no casualties."

"All right, I'm off," said Mr. Weasley, shoving the parchment into his pocket and dashed out of the kitchen.

After a brief discussion between Mr. Diggory and Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley reappeared to say goodbye.

"I better hurry- you all have a good term!" Mr. Weasley said, fastening his cloak as he turned to his wife, "Molly, you'll be alright taking them to King's Cross?"

"Of course I will," she said, "You just take care of Mad-Eye."

As Mr. Weasley vanished, Bill and Charlie entered the kitchen.

"Did someone say Mad-Eye?" Bill asked.

"What the hell is Mad-Eye?" Y/N finally asked.

"He was a great wizard, back in the day," said Bill, "Now he's a bit of a paranoid nutter. He was an Auror- a dark wizard catcher, but now he doesn't trust anyone, thinks everyone is dark."