Snakes and Skulls

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr. Weasley implored Fred and George as they all made their way slowly down the purple carpeted stairs. 

"Don't worry dad," said Fred gleefully, "We've got big plans for this money, we don't want it to be confiscated."

Mr. Weasley looked as though he was going to ask what the plans were, but then decided against it. He knew better than to question Fred and George.

They were soon caught in the crowd of people now flooding out of the stadium, Y/N had to duck when a leprechaun flew over his head, swinging his lantern above him. 

When they finally reached their tents, nobody felt like sleeping, and given all the noise surrounding them, Mr. Weasley agreed they could all have one cup of hot chocolate before calling it a night. 

It didn't take long for them to start arguing about the match. Mr. Weasley got drawn into a debate about cobbing with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilt her drink everywhere that Mr. Weasley called for everyone to go to bed. 

Hermione, Ginny and Lauren all went to their own tent, whilst the boys clambered into their own bunks listening to the muffled echoes of chants and cheering from outside. 

"Boy, am I glad to not be on duty tonight," muttered Mr. Weasley to nobody in particular, "I wouldn't fancy going to tell the Irish that they've got to stop celebrating."

Y/N laughed as his eyes shut slowly, still adjusting to not having to wear his glasses anymore, which he was both grateful for, and quite terrified of the consequences that came with it. His brain turned to the match as he faded to sleep, though for some reason, most of his thoughts were of the Bulgarian Minister of Magic's daughter, Elena. 

* * *

"Get up! Ron, Harry, Y/N - come on now, get up! This is urgent!"

Y/N bolted upright quickly, only a few hours sleep to his name accompanied by a bed head. 

Dimly, Y/N could tell something was wrong, the noises outside of the tent had changed. They were no longer celebrating. The singing had stopped and people were screaming, Y/N could sense almost every footstep that ran in terror past their tent. 

"S going on?" Caym asked grumpily. 

"No idea, but something's wrong." said Y/N. 

Y/N watched as Harry tried to reach for his clothes, but Mr. Weasley stopped him, "No time for that! Grab a jacket and let's go, quickly boys!"

The boys did as they were told and almost ran out of the tent, and by the light of a few fires that remained, Y/N saw that people were in fact, fleeing in fear from something that was moving towards them from the field. Whatever it was, it was shouting off sounds like gunfire, loud jeering and roars of laughter slowly coming towards them; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.

A crowd of wizards, tightly packed moving together with their wands held to the sky, were slowly marching up the field. Squinting at them, Y/N realised that they were all wearing masks. Sickeningly, four figures were floating above the masked wizards, all looking rather grotesque. 

More wizards were joining the group, laughing and pointing at the floating bodies. 

"That's sick," said Ron disgusted, "that is really sick..."

Hermione, Ginny and Lauren came rushing over towards them, pulling coats over their nightgowns, with Mr. Weasley right behind them. At the same moment, Bill, Charlie and Percy emerged from the boys tent, fully dressed with their wands ready.