Reunions & Stupidity

Caym emerged from the darkness, his form a magnificent blend of wolf and lightning. His eyes bore into Y/N's, full of wit that mirrored the storm within the young wizard.

"Well, well, well... look who finally decided to visit," Caym sneered, his voice reverberating through Y/N, tinged with amusement. "You must be in quite the situation to end up in the Forbidden Forest on your own."

Y/N's anger surged, "Where the hell have you been?!" he demanded, his frustrations billowing over. "Not once did you try to reach me, I had no idea if you were alive throughout the entirety of summer! It wasn't until Sirius told me that I knew you were okay, but even then NOT ONCE DID YOU EVEN TRY!"

Caym's eyes narrowed, a hint of something softer flickering in them. "I was watching over you, as I always have," he retorted, "You didn't think I'd let anything happen to my vessel, would you?"

Y/N exploded, months worth of tension aimed directly at the wolf, "IS THAT ALL I AM TO YOU? AFTER THE HELL YOU'VE PUT ME THROUGH? FOURTEEN YEARS! FOURTEEN YEARS I DEALT WITH BEING LOOKED AT LIKE A FREAK! FOURTEEN YEARS I DEALT WITH NOT KNOWING ANYTHING! AND FOR THE LAST FOUR, YOU'VE MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL! YOU MADE ME CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, SO HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME WORRY AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE- YOU DAMNED MUTT!"

Y/N sank to the muddy floor, feeling the electricity crackle off Caym's body as he stood, unspeaking.

"You could have at least sent me a sign," Y/N's voice cracking and barely above a whisper. "I thought I was alone... trying to figure things out by myself."

Caym's gaze softened, the fiery intensity giving way to a spark of regret. "I... should have trusted you more," he conceded. "But you must know the dangers I face... The Ministry have been on my case for months."

Y/N took a deep breath, and looked up at the wolf from where he was sitting, the weight of the situation settling in. "So, what now?" he asked, a hint of apprehension in his voice, "We saw how strong Fudge was last summer... Should I seal you back inside me? Would that be safer for both of us?"

Caym's eyes narrowed again, his form tensing at the suggestion, "Sealing me back would be a mistake," he stated firmly. "I'm... not even entirely sure what would happen if we even attempted it considering how it was done in the first place, and I won't let you make that sacrifice because Fudge would kill you in an instant if it were successful."

The tension in the air was palpable as the two of them faced each other as Y/N got to his feet, their bond filled with conflict and respect. Y/N understood that keeping Caym hidden was a matter of survival, but he couldn't help feeling the weight of their connection.

"I don't want to lose you again, Caym," Y/N admitted, his voice breaking. "But I can't stand the thought of you still being hunted because of me."

Caym regarded him quietly, a mixture of emotions crossing in his eyes. "I will do what it takes to protect you," he said finally, his voice solemn. 

Y/N nodded immediately, the bond between them was deeper than he ever imagined. "Alright," he said, his voice filled with determination. "But you have to promise me something."

"Oh?" said the wolf, his eyes glittering with curiosity.

"Promise me you won't disappear again without a word."

Caym chuckled, it came out deep and low, crackling with energy, "I promise to be more communicative," he replied, his voice full of amusement. "After all... we're in this together, aren't we?"

"Always."

As Y/N and Caym started their walk through the forest, their conversation grew deeper. Y/N filled the wolf in on everything that had happened over the last few months at Hogwarts, including Umbridge. The hushed rustling of the leaves and the occasional call of nocturnal creatures provided a slightly haunting backdrop for their exchange.