Untitled Part 7

Dr. Green's POV

     Oh look, Kota's back. He said he had to go before North killed someone or something along those lines. Following a couple steps behind him is the girl from yesterday, Sang. Gog, she is so pretty that angels would be jealous. But she seems perpetually terrified. I long to fix whatever is wrong with her life. Sean! I yell at myself, you just met her. Oh, Kota started talking. I listen to what happened earlier. Okay, so some guy was harassing her. Kota is dismissed from the office and Sang gets to answer questions. If it was possible she looked even more nervous. I shot a look at Owen, let me handle this. I swear to God, he is the smartest man I have ever met, but he is ridiculously insensitive.

      I attempt to make her more comfortable. She just throws up a wall to her voice and body language that does not reach her eyes. She is frightened, and Owen and I both know it has nothing to do with who we are, but who she is. I have her give an explanation of what happened this morning. Her smooth voice glided to my ears as she just waved off what happened. I don't think she was listening to what Kota told us. I asked her about what else happened. She pales slightly, but continues to smoothly tell me that she doesn't remember, that she blanked out. Owen and I share a look, we know that it is a mechanism to cope with pain, emotion, or fear. It is the brain's way of keeping yourself sane, by hiding what has happened. I reach out to comfort her. She seems afraid and alone. 

      As soon as my hand touches hers, her face goes blank, she doesn't move a muscle. I try to get her to respond, but she is unresponsive, not even her eyes moving. I move my hand away from hers and she comes back. Her blanking out must have something to do with being touched. Te bell rings and she heads to first period. I turn to Owen.

"This is bad." I say simply, he knows this and nods, "She can be taken advantage of easily."

"Yes, do you think it might be haphephobia? That would explain her blanking out."

"That's possible, but doesn't that normally happen with sexual assault victims?" 

"Dr. Green. We are investigating her father for possible sexual relations with a minor." My eyes widen and I intake air sharply. I did not think of that.

"Do you think-" He cuts me off before I finish with a half nod.

"You are her supervisor for independent music study, aren't you?"

"Yes?" He questions the significance of this.

"Try to talk to her a bit more, or get Victor to attempt to.