Untitled Part 19

Dr. Green's POV

     I need to tell Owen the results of the exam last night. After he left to take Sang home he had to go do some Academy work. I settled for telling him this morning, and now is as good a time as any.

"Owen," I catch his attention.

"Yes Dr. Green?"

"Is now a good time to talk about the results of Sang's exam?"

"Of course," he spins his chair to face me, "What were they?"

"Let's start with her physical health. It is far from the first time that that had happened. It is obvious that she has been violated many times. Bit of bruising, but nothing major. No STDs, she isn't pregnant, so that's good. But Owen, there were some other injuries that weren't related to this." He pinches the bridge of his nose and gestures me to go on.

"Her back is in different stages of healing. It looks as if someone peels the skin off." He pales and I continue, "There are knife wounds, burn wounds, lash marks. The skin on her wrists and ankles are rubbed raw. Something else has happened to her. Maybe it was her father, maybe it isn't, but we don't know." Owen looks like he is on the edge of combustion. The anger clouds his eyes like I have never seen before. He has taken a liking to her. Aw... Owen has a wittle crush. Well, so do I, but he doesn't need to know that. He takes a deep breath and regains his cool mask.

"And her emotional health?" I shake my head.

"I really don't know if this is good or bad. She blanked out for the entirety of the exam, as soon as I touched her. She followed orders, didn't move when I positioned her. Nothing." He plants his face in his hands.

"She was blanked out when I found her. She didn't even respond when I picked her up. What does this mean?" This is the first time I have ever seen Owen look lost.

"Her brain is protecting her. It is preventing the formation of memories, which is good, but when patients have this it crashes down catastrophically. This is good that she is not being tormented by the events, but it can turn really bad really fast. What happened when you took her home?" He goes from the edge of fury back down to calm when I address him.

"She was lost in thought for the car ride home. We didn't speak. Victor had installed cameras in her home. When I dropped her off I watched her." He stops, the miserable excuse for a smile he has coming across his face. I have to know. I gesture with my hands as he did to me earlier.

"She went to her bedroom. As soon as she walked in, she looked around. She went straight toward the main camera in the room, found it near instantly, and pulled it out." I am shocked into silence. For a moment anyways.

"So you are saying that an untrained girl saw a camera the size of a pinhead. A little, untrained girl found one of our bugs."