Untitled Part 22

The school day passes uneventfully, surprisingly. I walk out of my sixth period out to my ride. I am lost in my thoughts for the ride home. My father is in jail. That means all I have to worry about is my mother. And the cameras. If there was one, there must be more. Our security detail must be incompetent. I will have a talk with them. After I bug sweep my bedroom. I would rather the pervs at the press didn't watch me change.

     I immediately go up to my bedroom. I don't want to talk to my mother, or almost worse, the press. The have descended on the house. I start at the wall by my door. It is a plain silver wall, the only thing on it is a vent. Eight feet up. If they were planting cameras, that would be the best place to hide it. I move my desk chair under the grate. I grab a screwdriver and climb up. I open up the vent, and Surprise! There is a camera. I leave it there and go down to the security office.

"Hello Miss Sorenson, how are you?" I wave to him and motion for him to follow me.

"Remember that bug sweep I had you do?"

"That came up negative?" We come into my bedroom and I point at the vent.

"Then what is that?" I ask innocently. Either they didn't do the bug sweep, or they defied my orders to take down the surveillance in my bedroom. I hear a gasp.

"Someone bugged the house. Someone got past us and bugged the house." I nod at him.

"Do not worry Miss Sorenson, we will handle this."