🐾 23 🐾

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

Weeks had passed since they arrived at Daeshim's palace. They had celebrated Jimin's 18th birthday just a couple of days later.

Jimin didn't get any scent of his mate, which probably meant that his mate wasn't in the village or hasn't turned 18 yet.

It was now the first couple of days of November. Snow had started to fall, making the outside covered with pure white snow.

Taehyung was out hunting for animals on his own to bring back to the palace since his fur was the same as the snow, making it better for him to blend in.

As he was eyeing a small rabbit from afar, a sudden movement caught his attention. A dark silhouette passed rapidly in front of him.

Forgetting about the rabbit, he looked over to where the silhouette had passed. Nothing was there.

He started to think if it was the unknown creature that had destroyed other packs years ago.

Instead of reporting it to Daeshim, he decided to look for it on his own. He slowly started to make his way in the direction the silhouette passed.

He kept his attention to anything that moved in the white snow. Nothing moved or seemed out of the ordinary.

After a few hours, he noticed that the sun was setting. Unable to find the silhouette, he decided to head back to the palace.

Taehyung was sure that Jimin was going to be worried. He was supposed to be back a few hours earlier.

"What took you so long? You had me worried that something might've happened to you," Jimin said as soon as Taehyung entered the palace.

"I got distracted while hunting outside," Taehyung said.

"Distracted? What was it that took your attention for so long?" Jimin asked, confused.

"I don't know either. It was like a shadow passed in front of me and then disappeared. I went looking for what it was, but it was gone," Taehyung explained.

"You should've reported back to Daeshim rather than investigating. What if you got hurt," Jimin said, scolding him.

"I know, I'm sorry. I promise I won't do it again," Taehyung apologized.

"Good, now, you have to tell Daeshim what you saw. It might be important," Jimin said. Taehyung nodded before heading to Daeshim's office.

Taehyung knocked on the door before hearing a 'come in' from inside. He opened the door and entered inside before closing it behind him.

"Is there something wrong?" Daeshim asked, still sitting down on his desk.

"No, I just came here to tell you that while I was out hunting, I saw a dark shadow close to the pack. I'm not sure if it could be the unknown creature," Taehyung said.

Daeshim looked serious. If it is the unknown creature, then it must be ready to attack again.

"Do you know where exactly you saw it?" Daeshim asked. Taehyung only nodded in response.

"Alright, we'll go out tomorrow morning, and you'll show us where you saw it. If it is the unknown creature, then it must be looking for a pack to destroy," Daeshim said. "We're going to have to alert the other packs to keep on guards just in case,"

"Thank you for reporting this to me. Is that all, or do you have more?" Daeshim asked.

"No, that was all. I'll be taking my leave now," Taehyung said, bowing before heading out of the office.

He made his way back to Jimin, who was sitting at the table.

"What did Daeshim say?" Jimin asked as soon as he noticed Taehyung.

"He said that if it is the creature, then he'll have to warn the other packs. The creature might be already planning to destroy a pack sooner or later," Taehyung explained.

"Tomorrow morning, we'll go to the place where I saw the creature. There could be at least some clues there where it could lead us to it," Taehyung finished explaining. 

"If that's the case, then we'll have more work to do outside the palace," Jimin said as he stood up from the table.

Both Jimin and Taehyung's job was to defend the village. Daeshim had given them the job after finding out that they were good at fighting.

"You better get some sleep now. It's already late," Jimin said as he patted Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung only nodded before going towards his room.

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

It was the next day when Taehyung was called to Daeshim's office early in the morning.

He quickly changed before heading his way to the office. When he entered, he noticed that Jimin was already inside.

"I'm sorry for calling you two this early in the morning. But, I have some news to tell you both," Daeshim said.

"I've received an invitation to Jungkook and Eunha's wedding," Daeshim started.

"I know that you two had run away from his pack, but I need you to accompany me to the wedding. I understand it might not be the best idea, but there will be masks used at this wedding, so you guys won't get recognized easily,"

"When is the wedding going to happen, exactly?" Jimin asked.

"On December, there might be a chance that they've forgotten about you guys escaping at that point," Daeshim explained.

"What do you think, Taehyung?" Jimin asked him.

"Why not? If we're going to be wearing masks, then we should be good," Taehyung said, without thinking much about it.

"It's settled then. We'll accompany you to the wedding," Jimin said.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also, thank you for 16k+ reads! <33

Q. If you were an Idol, what would your stage name be?

My stage name would be "Peace". I don't know why, but I just like the word, so I guess it could be a stage name.

I've got nothing else to say other than-

I purple you all~ 💜💜💜!!!

(ノ・▽・)ノ♡