1 Games

There he was again. Every week the same. I had hardly entered the backstage area and he followed me like a little puppy. At every opportunity that offered itself to him, he flirted with me, but I never returned it. Most of the time he just got an annoyed eye roll. But that didn't seem to bother him in the least. Quite the opposite. The more often I told Damian that I was not interested, the more intense his flirting attempts became.

It was as if he enjoyed being rejected. Or maybe it was all just a kind of game for him. Maybe he thought that sooner or later I would give in to his advances.

However, if that was the case, then he could wait a long time. I had no patience for his games. And I had enough other things on my mind to occupy myself with such high-school flirtations.

Damian was not discouraged by my behavior, no matter how rude I was to him. I simply did not understand it. Was he too stupid to notice that I didn't want anything from him or did my defensiveness give him some kind of weird pleasure?

"Hello Y/N. How are you doing on this beautiful day?" Damian asked as I walked past him toward the locker room.

"I'm fine, Priest," I replied briefly and disappeared through the door. I breathed a sigh of relief, but I knew it was just the beginning for today.

An hour later, Dakota and I were on our way to the ring to rehearse our performance for our match tonight. Of course, my personal shadow was not far away.

"Hey ladies. Do you mind if I watch you rehearse?" he asked, walking close to me. When our arms briefly brushed, I flinched. I didn't like his closeness. I couldn't explain it, but something wasn't right.

"Do whatever you want. I can't stop you from doing it anyway. Try not to get in the way." I hissed and climbed into the ring. Dakota gave me a questioning look, but I just shook my head. I didn't want to talk about it, I wanted to concentrate on my job.

Everything was going as planned, even though it was getting harder and harder for me to concentrate. I was annoyed that Priest was skulking around the ring like a cat, watching my every move. It made me feel a little insecure.

It was good that we were almost finished. One last move and I was able to retreat back to the locker room. Dakota got ready in the corner of the ring and I climbed the top rope to perform my finisher. A 450° Splash.

But just as I was about to jump, I heard a strange metallic noise. I looked down at the ropes and saw how the turnbuckle of the rope I was standing on split apart and the rope gave way.

I felt myself falling and there was nothing I could do about it. The only thought I had at that moment was that it would hurt. A split second later, I felt my head hit the ring post. I closed my eyes against the inevitable hard impact on the floor.

But it did not come to that. Instead, a pair of strong arms caught me before I could fall on my back.

Breathing quickly from the shock, I looked into the equally shocked eyes of Damian. I could not believe that he had managed to catch me.

"Oh my God, Y/N! Are you okay?" he asked breathlessly. There were many different voices around us, but I couldn't focus on any of them because my head was already pounding like crazy.

"Um... yeah I... I guess so..." I stammered while looking into his eyes. And when I did that I suddenly got a strange feeling in my stomach. It was almost like... almost like butterflies. The second Damian held me in his arms everything changed. Was it because I had hit my head or had I just been too stubborn to realize that there really was some kind of attraction between us?

Whatever might be the reason, it meant that I had some stuff to think about now.