6 Right

"Thank you for being so patient with me. It means more to me than I can say. It's been so long since I last felt this safe. I trust you." I said to Damian after we broke away from each other. Carefully, I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed in deep relief.

"That makes me so glad. I want you to know that I will always be there for you, because I just feel that you are supposed to be a part of my life. And I really hope that one day I can call you mine. I know you still need time, but that doesn't bother me in the least. Right now it's enough for me to just hold you in my arms and protect you." Damian replied as he slowly stroked my back and then gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I had no idea what I had done to deserve this man in my life, but I too felt the connection that existed between us. Everything he did and said was full of honesty and calmness. He just gave me exactly what I needed most at that moment. It was like he gave me back the confidence in myself and in my worth.

"What if... what if you could call me yours from now on?" l asked in a whisper. I wasn't sure where this sudden courage came from, but it felt right. Everything about the last few weeks with Damian felt right.

"I would love nothing more than that, but are you absolutely sure you're ready for this? I don't want you to feel pressured," he replied, looking at me inquiringly. He was probably trying to read in my eyes if I was really serious. I looked firmly into his eyes.

"I am ready. I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't. I realize I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm ready to do it with you by my side. You give me the confidence I've lacked for so long. And I'm convinced that I can finally put my past behind me. You make me feel loved," I explained, putting my hand to his neck. I held his gaze and then saw a dazzling smile appear on his face.

"I think it's because I love you, Y/N!" said Damian. When he said those words, everything made sense. The feeling of rightness and the tingling sensation he triggered in me. That was the reason. Love. It was that simple.

"I love you too, Damian!" I whispered, and then it felt like a massive weight had been lifted off me that I wasn't even aware I was carrying. I felt as light as air.

Damian's smile, if that was even possible, became even more dazzling. He leaned in close to me and gently placed his warm, full lips on mine. Slowly our mouths moved in perfect unison. No more words were needed right now. 

"What do you think about me taking my girlfriend out tonight for our first official date?" he asked softly, gently pecking my lips again and again.

"That sounds like a good idea, boyfriend," I whispered, giggling.

The happiness I felt was so intoxicating. And I had the hope that it would stay that way. At least for now. I just wanted to enjoy it while it lasted.

There was still a small part of me, though, that was mad at myself for treating Damian so incredibly wrong for so long. Now I knew better. I was sure that for both of us it was more than just a game.