27 Live forever

The first thing I heard when I opened my eyes in the morning was our daughter babbling softly over the baby monitor. I couldn't help but smile and think about how lucky and blessed I was. In the meantime, the little one was already 18 months old.

At the risk of sounding like a cliche, I had everything I ever wanted in life. A loving husband and a child I loved more than ever seemed possible.

There were certainly times in my life when I didn't believe that this life path was destined for me. But today I can say that I am more than happy to have been wrong.

I looked over at my sleeping husband and sighed contentedly. I quickly leaned over and gave him a light kiss on the forehead. Since he was sound asleep, he didn't notice. Quietly, I rolled out of bed and made my way to the nursery.

Once there, I quietly opened the door and peeked inside. Our little angel was sitting in her bed, still babbling away while she played with her teddy bear.

I walked a bit into the room. Immediately Lucia's head snapped in my direction and the cutest smile in the world spread across her face. Lucia threw her teddy bear to the side and grabbed the bars of her crib to pull herself up. As soon as she stood, she began to hop up and down excitedly.

When I stood in front of her, she raised her arms and looked at me expectantly.

"Mama, up!" she said. Or maybe I should say demanded.

"Good morning, sunshine. Did you sleep well?" I asked after I lifted her in my arms and she snuggled up to me.

"Do we want to wake up Papá?" I continued. Lucia's eyes began to sparkle as she nodded her head.

Waking up her father when he was home was definitely one of her favorite things to do. Together we went back to the bedroom. With a quick glance I made sure Damian was still asleep.

Then I walked over to the bed and put the little one on his stomach. Quickly I went to my side of the bed and lay down. With a smile on my face, I watched my daughter wondering what she would do.

Lucia leaned forward until her little face was very close to that of her father. Then she pressed a kiss on his nose. Damian, however, did not seem to notice this.

I watched as Lucia frowned in irritation and did it again. But again without a reaction from her papá. A slight snort was heard before she began to poke Damian in the cheek with her tiny index finger. I had to pull myself together so that I did not laugh out loud. It was so adorable.

Still no reaction, at least none that Lucia would have noticed. But I saw the small smile that appeared on Damian's lips. He enjoyed these moments as much as his daughter and I enjoyed watching them.

I could tell the little girl was starting to get impatient. In her frustration she took Damien's lower lip between her little fingers and began to pull on it.

"Papá... Papá!" she repeated.

Suddenly Damian opened his eyes and said, "Boo!"

This led to an enthusiastic and not at all startled "EEEK" from Lucia.

It was as if she had been waiting for just that all along.

Damian carefully lifted the little one into the air and Lucia kicked her legs in excitement. She made the cutest little noises. That warmed my heart. This pure joy could not be topped by anything.

"Good morning, mis ángeles. How did my favorite girls sleep?" he asked me while Lucia was still giggling.

"Oh we slept well. You know, I'll never get enough of that. Just looking at you two and thinking how lucky I am. I love you both so much." I said and couldn't stop smiling.

"I know how you feel, because I feel the same way, mi querida," he replied and I leaned in to give him a kiss.

Like every morning, we stayed in bed for a while and spent time together until it was time to start the day. Already I knew that these were the moments in life I would most love to recall.

A few hours later the doorbell rang, letting me know that my mother had arrived.

"Hi mom! How are you?" I greeted her and gave her a hug.

"I'm fine! Where are my son-in-law and my little princess?" she replied.

"They'll be here in a minute. Damian is getting her bag and probably has to convince Lucia that she can't take all her stuffed animals with her." I joked. And not a minute later, the two of them joined us.

"Hey son-in-law. How are you doing, darling? Y/N said you have a few days off?" my mother said turning to Damian.

"I'm doing excellent. That's right. But we are on the road in Canada next week. So what are you guys up to today?" he replied.

"Oh, I don't know exactly yet, but I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. Right, Lucia?" she said and lifted Lucia in her arms.

"Okay, but please don't give her so many sweets again," I said, even though I knew it was useless.

"We'll see. Let's go then, little one. Say goodbye to Mama and Papá!" she replied.

We said goodbye and they were gone.

"And what are you and I going to do today, mi querida?" asked Damian in his deep, sexy voice as he put his arms around my waist.

"Well... I was thinking that today is the perfect time to make a baby. If you're up for it. We've already talked about it and today everything fits perfectly for me." I smirked.

"You definitely don't have to tell me twice, baby!" he replied before lifting me into his arms and carrying me to the bedroom.

We spent a rare afternoon with just the two of us. Despite all the time that had passed and everything we had experienced, the tingling that Damian triggered in me was still as strong as on the first day. And hopefully that would never change.