Chapter 2

"Give me your lunch money!"

I was in a corner, cowering. There were huge guys around me. They weren't fat, muscular. There were two in front, demanding lunch money.

"But it's the only money I have for lunch." I got it from my mom. I needed it for lunch.

"Well too bad. I need lunch and you are going to buy it for me." The tall one said.

"I don't want to."

The tall one swung his fist at my face, hard. I fell to the ground. I grabbed at my face.

"Now I'm going to ask and you're going to answer. Where's the lunch money?"

I reached into my pocket and handed him the money.

"Good girl." He got up and waved his hand. The others ran over and started kicking me. The two in front walked off, laughing.

"Stop! It's hurts!..."

"Stop!"

I jumped up. I looked around. I was still in my room.

"It was just a dream." I whispered to myself. I haven't had that dream in forever. Why now?

I heard running to my door, "Anna! Anna are you okay?!" It was Anthony.

"Yea I'm fine. Just a bad dream."

He stopped banging on my door. "What was it about?"

"I rather not..."

It was quiet. I couldn't tell if I hurt his feelings or not.

He finally spoke up, "Are you going to school?"

"I-I don't know."

"Okay..." I heard him walk away.

I really don't want to go, but not going will show that I am scared. When I'm not.

I sighed and got up. I put on jeans and a t-shirt. I put on my uggs and grabbed my bookbag. I walked toward my door. I took a deep breath and walked out.

I didn't see anyone in the hallway. Good.

I walked in the living room. No one there either.

It's when I walked toward the front door that I saw them.

They were blocking the door. I rolled my eyes. "Let me through."

Anthony shook his head. "You need to talk with us."

"Why do you think I locked myself in my room? Maybe because I don't want to talk. Now step aside."

"No."

"Really guys? You are being so dramatic."

"We want you to talk to us. We aren't being dramatic. We're being parents."

"Well stop being parents and let me through."

"Nope."

I rolled my eyes and turned around. I was about to walk back to my room when someone grabbed my arm, "Please."

I yanked my arm away, "For the last time, no. No, no, no..."

"Anna, please talk."

That was it. I threw down my bookbag. I turned around to face them. "I said no! I thought maybe school wouldn't be that bad. That maybe I would fit in. But no! You guys had to ruin! Now there is a chance I could be bullied again-

"Again?" Ian asked.

I covered my mouth. I said too much.

I shook my head, "This was a mistake..."