Chapter 23

POV: Anna

Anthony was right about one thing.

Kalel smothered me.

She dragged me around the place. Showing me what was what and where things were. It was a small place but looked nice.

She then decided to give me a make over. I tried to talk her out of it but the next thing I knew, I was sitting in a chair, waiting for her to make me beautiful.

After the makeup, we played some Mariocart 8. Kalel and I kept losing.

We would laugh and joke. They were a lot of fun.

You could tell that they loved each other by the way they acted. They would joke and make fun, then apologize and kiss. I'm guessing this is what it's like to find your mate.

I wonder who my mate will be. Will it be someone nice? Or someone that treats me poorly?

Do I know him?

We stopped playing Mariocart. It was only 9 so we still had time.

I got up from the floor and looked at Kalel, "Where is the bathroom?"

She looked at me, "Down the hall and to the right."

"Thanks."

I found the bathroom and closed it. I was about to do my buisness when I heard Kalel say my name.

I felt bad for evesdropping but I was curious.

"When are you planning on telling Anna?" 

"Kalel, honestly, I don't know. Her and Ian are having a feud and I don't want to make it worse by actually taking her away from him."

"It's not like she won't see him again. She found her wolf there. She will always be able to find it. That is forever her home."

"That's the point! She'll get homesick and want to go home. Or she will whimper at night or just something. She'll miss it."

"She'll get used to it."

"But it's just the fact of taking her away from Ian. He already thinks that I did, what would happen if I actually moved her out of there. Along with me? Kalel, i'm not sure it's a good idea."

"Look, Anthony, she's a wolf. She can easily run there in a flash. She'll be fine."

Anthony sighed, "Ok. But I want to tell her and it won't be today."

"Ok."

They started talking about something else and I stopped listening.

What? I was given a lot of clues but i'm still so confused.

Are they talking about moving and taking me with them? It would make sense. Anthony loves me and won't stand being away from me. But what about Ian. Will he get depressed? He'll be losing his daughter and best friend. Anthony can't do that to him.

I went to the bathroom and walked out. Kalel and Anthony were in the kitchen. 

They were laughing and talking. When they noticed me they stopped.

Anthony walked up to me, "Hey Anna! So we were thinking-"

"You can't do that to Ian." I stopped him mid sentence.

Anthony looked at Kalel. Then back to me.

He sighed, "We didn't think you heard us..."

"Well I did, how could you do that to Ian? Imagine how he would feel losing his daughter and his best friend."