Chapter 19

It was 3:30 in the morning.

Ian and Anthony are sleeping. They won't be up for a while.

I took out my notebook. I wrote a note for them.

Ian and Anthony,

I left. I left around 4. I thought maybe you guys would be happier without me. You guys seem different. I know that is because of me. Because of me, you guys aren't the same. I'm sorry for everything.

P.S. Don't come looking for me.

Anna.

I also wrote one for Anthony.

Anthony,

I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said yes. I shouldn't have let you adopt me. Because of me, you're different. You feel empty. I hope leaving fills in the emptiness. I'm sorry.

I love you Anthony. You were the best father anyone could ever have.

Love, Anna

I ripped out the notes and the pictures I drew. I drew one of all of us hugging. I drew another for Anthony. It was of me and him, on the couch, watching a movie. Like how I would lay on him. Then one for Ian. It's of us on the couch, playing Call Of Duty.

I wiped my eyes of the tears and opened the door quietly.

I closed it behind me and walked into Anthony's room. He always left the door opened just a crack.

I walked over to the stand next to his bed. I put the letter and picture on it and then turned to Anthony.

He was sound asleep. I bent down and kissed him on the forehead. I was going to miss him.

I exited and walked to Ian's room. I put the picture on the stand. I didn't have a letter for him.

I walked out and to the living room. I put the letter for the both of them on the coffee table.

I walked out the front door. I took one last look at the house before shifting and running without a sense of direction.