Chapter 17

"What the fuck!'

I ran over to my alarm clock. It was beeping and it got on my nerves. I threw it at the wall. I forgot I was a wolf...

I picked up the clock, "God damn it!"

It was shattered. It couldn't handle the force of the impact. Being a wolf has its downsides.

Anthony came running into my room, "What?! What happened?!"

I tossed the alarm clock by his feet.

He looked down, "Oh..."

He picked it up and looked at it. It was like he was studying it.

After a while he finally looked up, "Well this is broken."

I rolled my eyes, "Yea, no shit."

"Watch your mouth!"

I rolled my eyes. I walked into my closet and closed the door.

I picked out my clothes for the day. Leggings, tang-top, a loose shirt, and brown uggs. I looked at myself in the body mirror.

I walked out to Ian and Anthony in my room, talking. I don't know why they can't talk in the living room.

They saw me and stopped talking. I looked at both of them, "What?"

Ian shook his head, "Nothing."

"Really? Cause you were just talking and when you saw me, you stopped. Now how is that nothing?"

They looked at each other.

Anthony looked at me and spoked up, "Look, we just think that it isn't safe for you to go to school-"

"I think it's fine but he doesn't." Ian put his hands up in defense.

Anthony rolled his eyes, "Anyway, I think that it isn't safe."

"Why not?" I asked.

"I have my reasons..."

I sighed, "I'm still going, whether you like it or not."

I picked up my bookbag and grabbed my phone.

Anthony sighed, "What if someone bullies you again? Or something worse happens and you..."

I looked at him, "And I what?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, like he always does when he is nervous, "Freak out, you know. Hurt someone."

"On accident." Ian spoked up.

"On accident..." Anthony looked at the ground.

I laughed. They jumped.

They regain their stance and gave me a confused look, "Why are you laughing?"

"It's just funny how you think I would freak out. Or actually need you..."

I stopped laughing and took on a serious mood, "Remember what happened last time you 'helped'."

They looked down. I sensed guilt from them. I succeded.

I walked past them to the kitchen. I wanted something to eat but not ceral. I tried eating it yesterday but wound up throwing it back up. So I can't eat it.

I looked around for any meat like bacon or chicken. I found bacon but didn't have enough time to cook it. So I just grabbed the box and put it in my bookbag. I'll eat it later.

I started to walk to the door when Anthony spoke from behind me, "No hug?"

I stopped and considered it. It will break my heart if I didn't, but I will be showing weakness by giving in. I will not show weakness.

I opened the door and walked out. When I did, I felt a flash of pain and hurtfulness. I hurt them.

I knew I would feel bad, but I have to get over it. I started walking to the school.

Something in my gut is telling me not to go. That maybe Anthony was right to be worried.

I shook my head and laughed, what could go wrong?

Everything.

I could wolf out. Hurt somebody.

Or even worse.

Kill.

I stopped in my tracks. I didn't think of that when I laughed at them. I didn't think of the possibility of killing somebody.

I turned to look at the house. I could go back. I don't have to go.

I shook my head. I have to go. I made a decision. I have to show Ian and Anthony that I can survive.

I finally made it to school. No one was inside yet, they didn't open the doors.

People looked at me and whispered. I didn't care, they can talk about me all they want.

I leaned against the fence and looked around. I was looking for a certain someone.

I was about to give up when she spoke from next to me, "So, the baby finally decided to come to school."

Everything became quiet, I turned to face her. "Ah, there's the bitch."

He opened her mouth in shocked. He looked around, "Did you hear that? She called me a bitch!"

I nodded my head and smiled, "Well, it's true." I sniffed the air, "You also smell like one."

She looked even more shocked. "Did you just say that I smelled like a dog?"

"No shit, retard."

We were now surrounded by a crowd of people.

"Fuck you!" She and her 'squad' inched closer to me.

I did the same exact thing, "Wow. Is that your best come back."

She then did the unexpected.

She punched me. Right in the face.

I fell to the ground. I clutched onto my face.

It may have seem liked it hurt but it actually didn't. The pain was there for only a second before dissappearing. I let go and my face and got up.

I walked up to her and punched her right back, "How do you look now, bitch!"

She fell to the ground, hard and fast.

The girls that were behind her screamed and crouched by her. I pushed two of them out of the way and looked at her.

Her face was bruised and a few of her teeth were on the ground.

I looked in horror. I didn't mean to hurt her that bad. I didn't mean to hurt her at all. I just wanted the point across.

I backed away from the crowd. I heard running and looked toward the school. A teacher was running out of the door.

She pointed at me and at the school.

I shook my head, "Not today."

I ran out of the fence. I didn't know where I was running to, I just ran. All I knew was that I ran away from the school and home.

They were yelling my name but I kept running.

I was not stopping.