#2 My Girlfriend is sweeter than a sugar cube

I reflexively accepted the ice cream from Karuizawa.

"......"

 But I couldn't come up with the words to keep the talk.

 I'm not a talkative person, and I don't even know what kind of person Karuizawa is.

 She just gave me an ice cream. That was the extent of Karuizawa's recognition of me.

"Hey."

 Karuizawa looked towards me and said in a somewhat unenthusiastic voice.

 I stopped standing, and sat on the edge of the bench, sipping my ice cream.

"What is it?"

"......do you feel lonely ?"

 The hustle and bustle of the playground seemed to suddenly become more distant.

  Not that I dislike it.

"I don't understand the purpose of your question."

"Just answer the question because it's fine......."

 I realized that it would be a waste of time to repeat the question and answer here, and I began to wonder which answer Karuizawa was looking for.

"I don't feel lonely. My family travels a lot overseas and I'm basically alone at home."

"And at school?"

"I'm Alone."

"What, you're all alone?"

 Karuizawa cleared her throat asked continued.

"Are you having fun now?"

"You mean this ball game?"

"Well, yes."

"If you're asking me if I'm having fun or not, I'm not."

"Why not?"

 Then Karuizawa looked me in the eyes.

 I could feel through her eyes that she was trying to find out what was in my heart.

 It would have been easy for me to brush it off by lying to Karuizawa, but

"I am just an uninteresting person."

 Karuizawa's eyelids fluttered open.

"Because I'm such a colorless, uninteresting person that I'd like to disappear from the world."

 This world is not equal.it's only looks equal, but in essence it is a container made of unreasonable structures.

"What about you, Karuizawa?"

"I'm ......."

 As she licked the ice cream, Karuizawa closed her mouth once.

"I'm having fun. ......"

"Even though you're wearing a uniform?You don't look like you're having fun."

"Everyone has their own way of having fun.We are lucky you don't have classes or anything."

"I see. I guess I'll find my own way to have fun."

 As an ice cream nibbler, I ate my fill faster than Karuizawa and got up from the bench.

"What?Are you going to play the game?"

"No, I'm going to bed."

"What?"

"It's such a beautiful day. I thought it would be nice to sleep in a clean bed in a sunny nurse's office."

"I don't think the doctor will let you in."