Shadow part 1

Dean parked the impala, then got out. Sam hesitantly followed. Alison was asleep, and they were hoping this would go quickly so she wouldn't wake up and them not be there.

"All right, dean. This is the place." Sam said to his brother who got something out of the trunk.

"You know, I gotta say, dad made it just fine without these stupid costumes." Dean stated, obviously annoyed. "I feel like a high school drama dork."

Both men chuckled lightly.

"What was that play that you did? Uh, what was it— our town! Yeah, you were good, it was cute." Dean said.

"Look, you wanna pull this off or not?" Sam questioned.

"I'm just saying, these costumes cost hard earned money, okay?" Dean stated.

"Who's?" Sam questioned.

"Ours." Dean said. "You think credit card fraud is easy?" He asked.

~~~

"Thanks for letting us look around." Sam told the lady as she let them into the apartment.

"The police said they were done with the place, so." She said as dean closed the door.

"You guys said you were with the alarm company?" The woman asked as they entered a room with a rug that had stains all over it.

"That's right." Dean confirmed.

"Well, no offense but your alarms about as useful as boobs on a man." She stated.

"Well, that's why we're here. See what went wrong, stop it from happening again." Dean said and began walking around.

"Now, ma'am, you found the body?" Sam asked her.

"Yep." She nodded.

"Right after it happened?" Sam questioned.

"No. Few days later." The lady said. "Meridiths work called, she hadn't shown up. I knocked on the door. That's when I noticed the smell." She explained to the men.

"Any windows open?" Dean asked. "Any sign of break in?"

"No. Windows were locked, front door was bolted. Cain was on the door, we had to cut it to get in." The woman said.

"And the alarm was still on?" Dean asked moving his finger in a circular motion.

"Like I said. Bang up job your company's doing."

"You see any furniture turned over, broken glass, any sign of struggle?" Dean questioned.

"Everything was in perfect condition." The lady stated. "Except meridith."

Sam turned to look at her.

"And what condition was meridith in?" He asked.

"Meridith was all over. In peices. Must've been some kind of a whack job. I tell you if I didn't know at better, I'd say a wild animal did it." She told them.

Sam and dean glanced at each other.

"Ma'am, you mind if we take some time? Give this place a once-over?" Sam asked.

"Oh, go right ahead. Knock yourself out." She said.

Once the woman left, dean got into the tool box he brought and pulled out an emf detector.

"So, the killer walks in and out of the apartment, no weapons, no prints, nothing." Dean stated.

"I'm telling you, the minutes I read that article, I knew this was our kind of gig." Sam said.