[ poison ]

Aria POV

The last two weeks seemed to go by drastically, my day to day consisted of work and spending time with the boys. I had many appointments and college work that was still uncompleted and idling on my desk. My evenings were spent going out with the girls, partying with the mandem, and getting railed by Max.

Speaking of Max, he hasn't left me alone.

He had been staying over mine almost every other day, and it wasn't just for sex. We'd have actual conversations and go out with the boys for trips out. But he would always leave very early and come back very late, like one in the morning.

He would keep me awake, waiting for him to come home and when he'd arrive, he'd fuck me for hours on end, without a break. It was heaven and hell really, except my under eye bags now made me look like a panda.

None of the guys really questioned why Max was practically living here and what he was doing with me. He would come and go as he pleased so Sam ended up giving him a key which I thought was a bit strange, he didn't pay rent so why should he have one?

Max was highly protective and possessive of me when we were walking places and when I spoke to men. It wasn't a controlling type of thing, I was free to do and wear what I wanted, but he kept tabs on me; it showed he wasn't just dominant in bed, in our day to day life too.

As I got to know him I came to the conclusion he was involved in some shady shit, the multiple phones he used, people following us around, coming home late. I'm pretty sure some men have been following me around too when I go out, I spoke to him about it but he ignored me and brushed it off.

I didn't have the courage to ask him what was going on so I desensitized myself to it.

This evening I had planned to meet with Sonny and K for drinks, Sonny was my boy best mate. I was looking forward to spending time with them alone. Our schedules were messy and no one had time to meet regularly.

My phone dinged and I picked it up, looking closely to see Max had hit me up. "Hmm..." I opened Imessage.

-

Max: I'm coming over.

I huffed. The problem with Max was he didn't understand I wanted personal space. I wasn't used to this sort of friends with benefits thing we had going on. He would pull up to my crib unannounced when I had plans. Sam would let him in and I would be stuck.

Aria: Not tonight, I'm going out x

Max: Where.

Aria: Out for drinks with K and Sonny.

Max: Is sonny a boy

Aria: Yes he's one of my close mates.

Max: Nah your staying with me, I'll be 30 minutes.

I growled at my phone, aggressively applying another ten coats of lipgloss. No fucking way was he going to play the jealous boyfriend card on me, when he clearly wasn't my boyfriend.

Aria: I've made plans already.

Max: I couldn't give a shit, boy best mates are a red flag.

Aria: That ridiculous, turn around cuz I'm leaving now.

He aired my message, I grabbed my clutch and put on my strappy lace up heels and made my way downstairs. Sam was sat on the sofa on his laptop and everyone else was out. I strutted across.

"Where you going." He looked me up and down, judging my outfit.

"Drinks with Sonny and K." I replied, checking myself in the mirror for any flaws. Non found. Sam shrugged in response before picking up his phone that had just chimed.