[ bally ]

why the fuck did i bake a character "K" and not "kay" i'm so embarssed and i want to die anyways

It was about a year and a half ago, K had been seeing the same guy on and off for a few months, five to be exact. Their six month anniversary was pending and there relationship was growing bigger.

I unfortunately never liked the guy, the only approval K ever wanted was mine, and she never got it. His name was jake, and I didn't fuck with him since day one. Jake and her were on and off for ages, he'd always be up and down and messing her around. Making nasty comments that made her insecure but then make it up to her with a steak dinner at the Shard.

He was psychotic, bossy and controlling. We all had to sit back and observe, secretly hating him. I never said shit to K about it though, she wasn't a dumb girl so I knew she'd come to her senses. We all ended up hating the guy and secretly hoping they would end it. Out of respect though we kept it to ourselves and only chat shit about him when she wasn't around.

Over the weeks K seemed happy-ish with the thing between them. I was too stubborn to call it a relationship. Thing is with me, even though I didn't want them together, I didn't disrespect her choices. I was there for her as soon as it went to shit because I didn't ever have that when I was younger.

But eventually I noticed little marks on my girl, she started keeping her distance from us all and it was weird. She would turn up to drinks with bruises on her arms and would have to leave as soon as Jake told her too. We all fucking noticed and were now on constant alert.

That's when it got deep.

*FLASHBACK*

It was a beautiful penthouse apartment Jake had bought with daddies money, outside of London in a secluded area around the corner from my crib. The fireplace was burning out and slowly dying as it got later and later.

"Cheers for letting me crash here Jake, you mind if I go to sleep cuz i'm fucking shattered." I spoke to him, he was cuddled up with K which was cringy as fuck.

"Do your thing." He didn't make eye contact and spoke bluntly.

I got up and left to go to the bedroom, rolling my eyes in the process. It was a simple minimalistic spare room with dim lighting and plush fabric sheets. I was only staying here cuz Sam had a girl over, or girls. I drank too much to be driving home anyways. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have stayed for longer than two minutes.

My new business was taking off like a rocket, I was doing so well. Me and my friends all moved in together a couple months ago and nothing was going wrong. 020' was the year for us. I didn't want a relationship with anyone, I just wanted money and no drama. Stayed in my own lane and this is how far it got me.

I was falling into a deep sleep after quite alot of white wine, must have been around 1:30, but i was disturbed with loud voices from the kitchen. It was either the TV loud as fuck or K and jake were arguing.

Again.

I learnt to block it out cuz they were constantly at eachovers throats about everything. I closed my eyes and turned over before hearing a sharp crash, sounding like cutlery on the floor.

I threw myself forward and adjusted to the dark atmosphere. Tiptoeing to the bedroom door; I learnt to stay high alert as I grew up. Always ready to pounce and protect when my parents were arguing.

I was used to this shit.

I listened out and it was just getting louder and louder. I heard a grunt. "Ugh JAKE, just get off of me!" K growled at Jake, it sounded muffled from the bedroom door being closed.