[ lick ]

I'm so sorry this was supposed to be a christmas day chapter but i had one too many baileys and forgot how to type.

Death.

A notorious and not unusual thing to happen during scorpio season. Relationships, romantic and platonic hitting the grave at full pelt.

But this wasn't the type of death I was talking about. Max's uncle passed away two weeks ago and everyone's lives had flipped for worse. The whole of Max's family had come together to plan for a big funeral and discuss further plans, of course related to his will.

Max's uncle had big shares in company's and for some stupid, stupid reason, he thought it would be a good idea to give all the shares to his youngest son, Blue.

Blue is six years old. Blue can't ride a bike yet.

Max's uncle didn't quite realise how early in life he would pass away and the whole of his extended family was going crazy trying to sort it all out. So much happened so quickly.

Max took me home last night and went back to central London to help with the funeral arrangements. He didn't really care for his uncle but had to pretend, for his mums sake.

Since the club incident a couple weeks ago, id been busy with work and arranging a launch party for a new lash bundle I was providing. It was stupid getting a big gathering together for a piece of plastic you stick on your eyes, but marketing was essential.

We were sat at the marble countertop in my warehouse with the girls and a few staff that were working under me.

I slammed my laptop screen down and groaned. I was so stressed, looking after a million pound company that was still classed as a "Small business", on top of that making sure Max wasn't grieving and throwing his weight around like a child.

"Girl, why are you so stressed? We are taking care of everything." K reassured me and flicked her braids behind her back.

Mia kissed her teeth. "True that, all you have to do is sign the dotted line and make sure we have the money."

I smirked at the remark she made. It was true, I was being dramatic, and of course I had the fucking money. "Okay, make sure everything's ordered and the caterer don't fuckin cancel like last time." I made my way to my office upstairs.

I sat down in my acrylic office chair and began tapping away once again

I sat down in my acrylic office chair and began tapping away once again. It was not long before I received a FaceTime call from Max, I leaned my phone up and answered.

"Habibiiii." He stretched out his words. He had his arm slightly above the screen as he was driving in his merc. I smiled at his new nickname he had for me.

I carried typing at my computer screen. "You okay?" I asked.

"I need a favour." He stared at me with his lips slightly parted.