XXVIII

I sat on my knees on the bed in front of Mel as he rubbed his eyes

I sat on my knees on the bed in front of Mel as he rubbed his eyes. It was still early in the morning probably around seven o'clock now. "You okay?" I asked putting one of my fluffy headbands on him to push his hair back just in case he threw up again. He had drank way over his limit yesterday so he was throwing up a lot now. "Mhmm." He hummed wrapping his arms around my waist laying his head on my chest. "Wait c'mon you have to drink some more water." I said reaching over picking up the water bottle from the nightstand. He groaned letting me go grabbing the water bottle. "You have to take the medicine too." I said handing him the two pills for his headache. He took them from me, taking them with the water before attaching himself to me again. "Baby I have to get up now." I said knowing this was usually around the time where I would get up to start my day. "No please I want you to sleep with me." He mumbled tightening his grip on my waist.

I sighed looking down at his head laying on my chest. "Mel no not right now." I said. "Mmm." He hummed nuzzling against my neck. I rolled my eyes taking a deep breath. "Just for a little bit." I said laying down defeated.

I laid there for a few minutes trying to fall asleep again but I was too busy thinking of everything I needed to do today. I looked down at Mel seeing him fast asleep already. I slid out of his hold carefully, sitting up stretching. I grabbed the trashcan he threw up in going to dump it, cleaning it out afterwards. I walked into the bathroom to shower before going to do everything else I wanted to do for today along with leaving to see Jay. We were back to our schedule of meeting up daily since neither of us had any plans today. I was excited about getting back to work with him because I couldn't wait to be done with it. I had so much hope that our end result would be as good as it was in my head.

***

I looked over at Jay as he concentrated on his paintbrush painting on the canvas. His legs were spread slightly as he sat on a stool leaning forward towards the canvas. Jay was working all the time I always questioned in the back of my mind if he had a significant other. "Jay, are you dating anyone?" I asked suddenly without even thinking about it. He looked over at me in surprise with a small smile on his face. "Hm good question, I'm not necessarily dating anyone right now but I do happen to have sex with someone regularly." He said sitting up. It wasn't a surprise to me. I honestly didn't see Jay in a serious relationship based on his demeanor. Even back in college he didn't seriously date anyone that I knew of. He was a very carefree, go with the flow kind of guy who did what he wanted. In my opinion he would probably be pretty nonchalant in a relationship while still wanting his partner to be happy no matter what.

"Why'd you ask?" He asked looking back at the canvas. "Just was thinking how you're such a hard worker it made me wonder if you were in a relationship or not." I said. "Ah I'm a hard worker now?" He asked chuckling. "Don't get cocky, it's just a simple compliment." I said laughing. "Yea whatever hand me that green." He said playfully nudging my arm. I smiled before picking up the paint handing it to him.