Chapter 7

Amara

I was just then starting on my second shot. I once again couldn't drink too much since I was on the lookout for Malik and Jermaine at this club.

I checked my phone seeing what time it was when I noticed I had a text message.

Best🤍🤞🏾: can't believe y'all hoes left me with Jermaine bad ass son, cut the fuck off✋🏾

I chuckled, sending her a text back.

:girl don't even play me. I wanted you to come but someone had to watch Damien.

Best🤍🤞🏾:😑

:I love you too😘

I put my phone in my pocket, looking up to see some girl tryna get away from this dude but he wasn't having it. I looked closer and seen it was the girl from the other day. I can't remember her name but she was Angel friend, well Ex friend.

"Hey girl." I said, walking up, hugging her. "How you doing?"

"I'm good." She said, still tryna get her arm away from homeboy who was mugging me.

"I wanted to show you this thing in my phone cause I know you usually fix on phones or whatever." I said, trying to come up with a quick lie. "You mind if I borrow you for a second?"

"Yes." "No." She and him said at the same time.

"You ain't going no where. I'm sorry but she can't help you right now." He said as he got a tighter grip on her arm.

"Ight, see now you got me fucked up. Let her go." I said, taking my purse off and setting it on the counter.

"Or what bitch?" I chuckled, shaking my head.

"You finna see. Let me go get my brothers real quick." I said finna walk away.

This time he grabbed my arm, yanking me back to him.

"The fuck is they gonna do? Ain't nobody scared of your unknown ass brothers."

This nigga must don't like his life.

Malik

"Aye, y'all better get this fool, on God!" I scrunched my face up, hearing the sound of my sister's voice coming from the entrance.

I walked to the other side of the club where Amara was to see some nigga got a hold of Amara's arm. The fuck?

"Get ya bitch ass off my sister." I said, punching him dead in his face. Fuck wrong with this nigga?

"What the hell is going on?" I turned my head to see Jermaine finally walking up to the scene.

I guess homeboy took that as a chance to sneak me cause he punched me in my stomach.

That's when Jermaine lit into his ass, making chairs fall to the ground and some more.

"Jump in, on God Imma air this bitch out." I said, showing my strap to the niggas that started to walk up to Jermaine.

I walked over to where Amara was. She was looking at some girl's wrist.

"What happened?" I asked, looking between the two. Ole girl looked familiar.

"Ole dude was giving her a hard time so I walked over tryna get her away from him." Amara said.

"He did that?" I pointed to the red, darkened area of homegirl wrist.

"Yeah. Thank you for helping me."

I yawned, walking back towards Jermaine, pulling him away from the scene. The nigga was out cold but the other people kept tryna argue with him.

"Aye, I only fight every now and then. Ion do that back and forth shit." He said and I could see him reaching for his strap.

"Aye chill, bro. Let's go." I said, since we already handled what we had to do. I grabbed Amara's hand, pulling her lightly, telling her to come on.

Before we left, me and ole girl made eye contact. Like I said, she look familiar but I can't put my finger on who she is.
~
Jermaine

"Finally, get ya bad ass son." Nia said, shaking her head as she walked into the living room with Damien right behind him.

He nodded his head at me. "Sup Dub?"

"Lil nigga, don't play with me." I said, grabbing him, holding him up in the air as he laughed.

"My son fly as fuck. Literally a smaller version of me." I said, giving him a high five after I put him down.

"Aye, son. You straight?" Malik asked while putting his gun up.

"Fashoo. Always." I said, shrugging. I looked over at Amara, who had came in the house and laid down on the couch. She said she was gonna take a nap when she get here.

"Wait, Amara. Who was ole girl at the club? The one you was helping and shii?" Malik asked.

"Oh that was ole girl from the basketball court the other day. Her name Kiara I think." She said, before turning over.

"Awe Ight, I knew she looked familiar." He said, before walking into his room.

"Damien, you ate yet?" I asked him since he was just standing there.

"Yes but I want some noodles." He said, throwing up his deuces as he walked into the kitchen.

I chuckled before following him.