Chapter 13

Jermaine

I walked into the hospital with Malik, going to the front desk.

"I'm looking for Angel Sanders?" I asked and waited for her to look her name up in the computer.

"She's still in surgery at the moment."

"What happened to her?"

"I'm sorry, who are you again?"

"I'm her child's father."

"I can't give out close information on a patient." I sighed, trying to hold my tongue.

"Aye," I turned my head to see homegirl from the club the other week. She waved us over.

"Dad." I smiled, seeing that my son wasn't in any danger. He ran up and hugged me as I hugged back.

"What happened?" Malik asked.

"She was shot. I was on my way over there to get some of my stuff I left over her house and she was on the floor."

"Where was Damien?" I questioned, picking him up.

"He was sleep so he didn't see what happened, Thank God." She said as I nodded.

"What they say about her?"

"I don't know yet. They won't give me any information on her."

I looked at Malik as he was looking at me. I think we were both thinking that this has something to do with what was going on.
~
Malik
"Now they are going after people that ain't got shit to do with what's going on?" Jermaine asked as me, him and Amara were in one of the rooms at the trap.

"Well, we know it's not Angel because she's in the hospital. We also know it's not Vinchi and King because they got attacked too." Jermaine mumbled. "That leaves us with one person...."

"We don't even know that for sure tho! That could've been a set up to make it look good. Nia is not like that, Dub. Malik, tell him." Amara said as she looked at me.

"I don't know, Amara. Right now we can't trust anybody. You're right, both of them situations with King, Vinchi, and Angel could've been a set up to throw us off. At the same time, Nia is the only one who hasn't been aimed at yet." I said, which made Jermaine nod.

"How the hell is it this hard to catch somebody?" Amara mumbled, wiping her hand over her face.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I had a message.

***-***-****: you Le?

I furrowed my eyes, shrugging. I didn't even text back until I got another text message.

***-***-****: you really should answer this text because I got some information for you.

I put my phone back in my pocket, once again not texting back. I don't know who the fuck they are.

Damn I'm thirsty.

"Imma run time the store real quick. Y'all want anything?" I said as I stood up, stretching.

"Nah, I'm straight." Amara said as Jermaine shook his head no.

I walked out of the trap, getting into my car.
~
"On God this hoe smack." I said as I drink some of my water that I had just got while walking out the store.

I was drinking the water until I was shoved hard to the side of the store, making me waist all of my fucking water.

I started to turn around and swing on however it is, until I felt a gun behind my head.

"Fuck." I mumbled, putting my hands up since I didn't have time to get my gun out.

The person began walking around in front of me, making me realize that it was a female.

"Now, if ya dumbass would chill out and listen, you would realize that I am trying to help you." I scoffed, realizing that this is the person that's been texting me.

"Ion need no help. Who the fuck are you?" I questioned.

She sighed as she just stared at me.

"Look. I know you don't trust me. I know who out to get you." I furrowed my eyes.

"How the fuck I'm suppose to know it ain't you?" I said while mugging her.

"Bitch, don't you think I would've been blew yo brains out?" I stared at her, debating if I wanted to risk my life and break this bitch neck.

"Ion take that bitch word lightly."

"Listen. Meet me here tomorrow at 5 witcha brother. You can't tell anyone about this." She said and I just stared at her, blankly.

"You got me?" I slowly nodded, putting my hands down.

She began to walk backwards with her gun still pointed at me. Smart girl.

The fuck I just get myself into?
~
Amara

I let out a shaky breath as I looked around before grabbing Nia's phone.

I unlocked it, going into her messages.

"Bestfriend..... Birth giver....... King?" I mumbled, about to open the messages until I heard Nia coming back up.

I closed out all the apps as I sat on her bed.

"Girl, I'm ready to go. Where we going again?" Nia asked, making me stand up.

"We going to get ice cream." I nodded.

"Cold as hell wanting ice cream." She said, shaking her head as she started looking around. "Where's my phone?"

"First off, it's not that cold, hoe. And on your dresser." I said, pointing to it.

She grabbed it and started walking out the door.

I feel bad for going behind my bestfriend's back but I gotta do what I gotta do. I still don't believe it's her, that's just Malik and Jermaine.

We began walking to her front door.

"Oh shit, I left my charger." I mumbled, walking back towards her room.

"I'll see you in the car!" She yelled.

"Ight!"

I walked in her room, looking for it before I heard gunshots go off and Nia scream.

I ran out of the room and went to the front door to see Nia holding her side as blood cover her hands.

Oh fuck.