Chapter 26

Amara

"You know what to do, right?" I asked Vinchi as we were in the car.

"Yeah, I'll wait here until you get back. Just do me a favor and please don't get yourself in any trouble."

"I'm not gonna get in trouble, Vinchi." I stale faced him.

"Tell that to ya slick mouth. Be careful." He said as he stopped driving.

I hopped out, grabbing the bag that was in the back seat.

We had a deal today that me and Vinchi had to take care of. Only thing is that the people that we dealing with today done tried to fuck Malik and Jermaine over in the past but they let it slide. I just hope they don't try no funny shit, especially now that word is out that Malik and Jermaine are gone.

I knocked on the door, shifting the duffle bag on my arm. I was greeted by Vontae, the motherfucker I can't stand the most.

"Nice of you to join me." He smirked, making me scoff but I had to remember what Vinchi said.

"How ya doing, Vontae?" I said, walking into the house.

"Amara actually being nice? Never thought I'd see the day." He said as I followed him to the back room. In the room was two other guys who were chopping it up.

"Just had a change of heart man." I lied.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

We just stared at each other before he took his seat, leaving me standing.

"How ya doing, Amara?"

"I'm cool." I said, even though I don't know why this nigga tryna spark a conversation with me.

"How's the family? Oh, right." He said as he started laughing as I just stared at him.

"Look bruh." I sighed. My patience was getting thin. Thin as fuck. "I'm just tryna make this deal and dip. I got places to be."

It got quiet once again while it was like we were having yet another staring contest.

"Hand it over." He said, nodding towards the bag.

I threw the bag on the table.

We stared at each other once again and I'm tired of looking at this ugly ass nigga.

"What?" He said.

"Um, where's my money?" I said, with a confused look on my face.

"Oh, you thought I played fair?" He said, before chuckling. "Typical Amara."

"Yo, you fucked up, you know that?" I said once I realized this nigga was still on little boy shit.

"Awn, is Amara mad?" He said before he stood from his seat, walking over to me.

"Fuck is your problem? You ever gonna grown up Vontae?" I asked as he got in my face.

"Ion know yet, let me think about it."

I scoffed before realizing what this really was about. "Yo ass still mad that I don't want you?"

"Well, Nah. We could've had something special, A." He said putting his hand under my chin. I yanked it away. "But now I just wanna play dirty."

"Bitch I will kill you were you stand." I said.

"With what? This?" He said, then showed me the gun that I thought was on my waist. How the fuck did he get to it?

"I thought you were smarter than that, Amara." He laughed when I didn't say anything.

"What do you want from me?"