Chapter 49

Amara

"Bitch ass nigga." Malik pushed me as I laughed, sitting on the couch.

"Y'all been by the trap lately?" I asked. My face grew with confusion as I seen Malik tense up.

"Nah." He sat up, clearing his throat. "Nah, we ain't been by there."

"You straight, bro?" Jermaine said. Me and him both looked at each other before looking back at Malik.

"Yeah, I just been thinking." He stood up, walking around the living room a bit. "I think it's time we wrap it up."

"Wrap it up?" Jermaine said, sitting back.

"Yeah, like cut off all ties with the trap, bruh." I moved my hair out of my face, crossing my leg. It went quiet for a second as we all stared at each other.

"Why?"

"Well because Pastor Alkins really got to my ass the other day." Malik started, leaning on the wall. "Also, this was basically only for survival. We literally sitting on money now and we can go out and get Legit jobs."

"Plus, I promised Ma and Dad that I would get us out of this shit." I tensed up a little at the mention of our parents but shook it off.

"Okay." I slowly nodded, looking at Jermaine. He stood up, shrugging.

"This shit had to end one day, right?" I smiled at the thought of actually getting out the trap. It's gonna be different as hell but I know we can do it.

"Oh, we getting everybody else out, too."

"Fashoo."
~
Malik

"So it's just us two for this drop?" I asked Nia who had hopped in the car.

"Yeah, Jermaine is with Damien, Khalisè is working on some issues, Amara trying to get back in school and King and Vinchi both doing another drop." She closed the door as I nodded.

As we were on the way there, I was thinking about how life could be after we got out of this shit. I ain't even gonna know what to do but I know imma figure it out.
~
Khalisè

"Mom, I honestly don't wanna hear that." I stood up, crossing my arms as my mother sighed.

"Khalisè, you have to listen to your fath-" I put my hand up, stopping her before she could finish that incorrect ass sentence.

"Step father. And that nigga ain't shit to me, excuse my language." I scoffed as my step father chuckled.

"Khalisè, when will you realize that I'm not going anywhere." He stood up, standing beside my mother.

"And when will you realize that I could give two fucks about what you got going on, but keep acting like you run me, Imma put a bullet through yo skull." I fake smiled, walking out of the door.

I hate my step father with a passion. He a fucking snake and my mom can't seem to see through that shit.

"I need a blunt." I mumbled before getting in my car, starting up.
~
Jermaine

"Shut up, you fucking stalker. My bad, baby." Kiara apologized to Damien who was drawing in a small booklet.

We were at this restaurant I found for our date. I brought Damien with me because, well he's my son.

"Damien, eat ya food and take a break from coloring. And obviously you like this stalker." I sat back, pouring ketchup on Damien's fries.

"I don't recall saying that."

"I do recall you kissing me tho."

"Yeah, but you kissed back." She made her eyebrows jump, staring at me.

"You right." I nodded, wiping the corner of my mouth. "I ain't a stalker tho."

"So you breaking into my house and popping up everywhere I be ain't stalking?" She stale faced me.

"I had very good reasons for doing that."

"Okay, why did you do it then?"

"First off, we both just automatically would be at the same place, second off, you were looking suspicious as fuck so I had to get information from you myself." I crossed my arms, making sure Damien was okay. He wasn't paying any attention to us.

"Yeah, but I didn't even know you back then. Which reminds me, what kind of nickname is Dub?" She laughed a little, showing her bright smile that I overly liked.

"A nickname I've had since I was a kid. It just stuck. Don't be picking on my name, lil bit." I squinted my eyes at her.

"Lil bit. Why you call me that?" She put her water down, resting her cheek on her fist.

"Because you smaller than me."

"Nigga please. You literally skinny as hell."

"But you shorter than me. And you easy as hell to pick up."

"And how do you know that?" I sighed, standing up from my seat.

"Jermaine, chill out." I walked over to her, picking her up too easily.

"See?" I smirked as she scoffed, pushing me back.

"Put me down, you gonna get us thrown out of here."

"They ain't gone do shit. I'll air this bitch out." She chuckled as I put her down.

"So trigger happy, dawg. Crazy as hell."

"Hell yeah, niggas know not to play with me."

"Yeah, so you say." I raised my eyebrows.

"What you tryna say?"

"I'm saying, if niggas knew not to try you, you would've killed me at the club." I stale faced her as she smiled.

"I almost did."

"But ya didn't. I would've killed you before you killed me."

"Girl, lie again." She started laughing because she knew that shit wasn't true.

We continued the night laughing and joking and shit. For my first date, I say I did a good job.
~
Nia

"The fuck?" I mumbled, looking at the text message I just got.

"Wassup?" Malik said, paying attention to the road.

***-***-****: miss me?

"Some unknown ass number just texted me." I shrugged, sitting back.

"Don't even respond to that shit."

"I ain't."

***-***-****: awe lil sis, don't be like that

"Yo." I tapped Malik's shoulder, showing his the message.

"Cortez?" He furrowed his eyebrows, still focusing on the road.

"Bruh, what the hell." I sighed in frustration. Im tired of this shit.

***-***-****: Tell ya Best friend to watch her back, or she'll end up just like her parents. Getting shot twice in the chest is not a pretty sight and I would hate for her to see it

"How the fuck does he know what happen to your parents?" I asked out loud but covered my mouth because that was suppose to be said in my head.

"Fuck is you talking about?" Malik snatched the phone out of my hand, looking at the message.

He nodded his head before passing the phone to me.

:stop texting me

***-***-****: you wanna know how I know this information? You'll find out soon.

I sighed, looking out the window. Great.