Chapter 29

Amara

"We the only ones here." I mumbled as everyone got out of the car.

After Vinchi stopped the car, we were at a place that looked abandoned. I could feel my energy rising as I made sure my gun was still on me even tho I knew my back up was on me.

"Ion think so." Nia said. I made sure everyone was here before we started walking to the building.

I grabbed Vinchi's and Nia's hand since King was closer to them. I hope he's alright, honestly.

As we walked in the building, it was pitch dark. Well, it was until a light switched on. It only brightened the place a little.

"Ight, we here." I said out loud, walking in front of everyone. I looked around until I noticed something. Where's Minnie?

"Where's Mi-" Before I could finish my question, a door opened and someone pushed King out of the door, making him fall to the ground.

"King." I managed to say. I was shocked at his appearance. He was covered in blood and shaking lightly.

Vinchi and Nia rushed over to him as me and Kiara stood beside each other.

"Nah, bro wake up." Vinchi shook him harshly, trying to make sure that he stayed up. Kiara walked over, rubbing Nia's back as she cried.

"Yo, what the fuck did he have to do with this?!" I yelled as the room echoed around me. "I'm here now! What the fuck do you want from me?!"

A door opened and a man walked out, but he looked slightly familiar.

Before I could analyze who he was, I felt the tip of a gun at the back of my head.

"Hand me your gun." Cortez said, holding his hand out to me.

I smacked my teeth, not even moving.

"Bitch, didn't you hear me?" I reached over, grabbing my gun from my side, handing it to him.

He grabbed it from me before shoving me forward, making me hit the ground. I groaned as I pushed myself back up.

"Wait a second." Kiara said, standing up. "Travis?"

I looked up, finally seeing who the dude was. "You the dude from the club that one time?"

"In the flesh." He smirked.

"Yo who is he to you?" I asked since she was probably the only reason he was after us.

"He's my ex."

He chuckled, bending down in my face. "Nice to see you again."

"I would say the same but damn you need a breath mint." I said. I guess he didn't like those words because he hit me in the face with the end of his gun.

"I swear I'll blow your brains out." I heard Cortez say to Vinchi since he stood up.

I chuckled as I stood up completely, wiping the blood from my mouth. "You hit like a bitch."

He punched me in my stomach, making me fall to the ground once again.

Nia came over to me as I started coughing.

"Travis what the fuck is your problem?!" Kiara yelled, pushing him back a little.

"Oh, nothing really, sweetheart." He said, grabbing her chin.

I stood up with the help of Nia. I looked over to see King leaning on Vinchi as well.

"So, it was you the whole time huh?" I chuckled slightly, looking at Cortez.

"Eh." He said, shrugging. "I'm just apart of the big equation that's all."

"So what is it that y'all want man?" Nia asked, looking around the room.

"Cortez?" The guy, I'm guess Travis called out.

"Yeah, Tray?"

"I think it's time for a little family reunion." Me and Vinchi looked at each other with confused looks on our faces.

Cortez walked over to a door, opening it, revealing a woman that I haven't seen before.

"Surprised to see me?" She smirked. I looked over at Vinchi, seeing that he had froze up.

"Jasmine." He stared at her, but I was still confused with what was going on.

"Vinchi who is this?" Kiara asked the question that I was thinking.

"You never told them about me little brother? That hurts." She said as they were now in front of each other.

"How did you even find me?"

"You're not too good at keeping a low profile. Especially now that you done started fucking with biggest and baddest drug dealers in LA." She looked over at me and scoffed. "Aye, Amara, hows the family doing?"

My jaw clenched as I glared at her. "Bitch you don't know me. I suggest you keep it that way."

"You talk a lot of shit for someone who's in pain." Travis said as he tapped his gun on my head.

"Get the fuck off her." Nia pushed him back, making him slap her.

"Leave her the hell alone." I said but he grabbed me, pushing the gun into my side.

"All of this for what, Jasmine? I never did shit to you!" Vinchi said as Jasmine was walking around him.

"Never did shit to me?" She chuckled, shaking her head. "You always thought you were better than me."

"What the fuck are you even talking about?"

"You! I'm talking about you nigga!" She got in his face. "Always trying to out do me. Always trying to be better than what I do. You had everybody wrapped around your finger when you wasn't even doing shit. Our parents loved you way more than they loved me."

"That is not true, Jasmine."

"Yes it is!" She said, backing away from him. "I never got the same love as you did and I don't know why. I did everything you did but they still treated you like a king. They. Treated. You. Better."

"But now." She started laughing. "I'm older. I couldn't get you when you was in Memphis, but now I got you where I want you."

"So what now, you gonna kill me over some bullshit that's not even true?" Vinchi said, crossing his arms.

"See that was the plan, little bro." She said, pointing at him. "But now that I've had time to think about it, I want to make you suffer. I know one thing that you care about more than anything else." She stopped, looking around a bit. "Well, two things."

"So first, I decided to fuck with the person that's been there from the beginning." She said, pointing at King.

"And now, you're gonna watch me take away the girl that you've grown to care for." She said as me and her locked eyes.

"Jasmine, don't do anything stupid." Vinchi started.

She walked over to me, grabbing me from Travis, putting a gun to my head. "Or what?"

"Jasmine, chill the fuck out! This doesn't make any sense!" Vinchi yelled but all Jasimine did was chuckle.

"Ooh, I love this side of you, Vinchi. Get mad little bro, throw a fit."

"Jasmine." He sighed, looking at me. "Let her go man. This is between you and me."

"So I have one question." I started as me and Vinchi never broke eye contact. "None of this is about me or my brothers?"

"Well, yes it is. Oh, that reminds me." She turned, looking at Travis.

"I think it's time for another family reunion." I furrowed my eyes in confusion as Travis walked to a door.

Two people began to walk out. I couldn't see the second person but when the first person came to view, me and Nia locked eyes as I gasped.

"Mom?!"