Chapter 50

Malik

"Hey Mr. Bridges, I'mma start my shift earl.... woah." I slowed down as I looked around the room. Mr. Bridges whole office was trashed. He sat in the corner with his head in his hands.

"You straight, bruh?" I walked over to him, crouching down in front of him.

"I'm cool, Malik." He mumbled, uncovering his tear stained face. "Just got some family issues going on."

"Oh." I said, not really knowing what to say since it was personal. "Is it anything I can do to help?"

"Not unless you can help me find someone." He chuckled, sliding his chair to his desk.

"I mean, I can if you want me to." I shrugged, standing beside him. With the help of Jermaine and possibly King, I probably could help find whoever he's looking for.

"I'm only telling you this because I trust you. Don't tell anybody, please."

I nodded slightly. "Fashoo, nobody will know."

"My ex wife.... she's been keeping my child away from me for years. I didn't even know I had a child until a few years ago. I've been trying my hardest to get in contact with her but I don't have a lot of information on her. All I know is that she has my last name and she lives in L.A." he let out a breath, typing on his computer.

"Do you think the child has tried to get in contact with you?"

"I wouldn't say child." He chuckled, wiping his nose. "She 21 now. I don't think so because she knows nothing about me. She probably hates me since I haven't been around for any of her life but it's honestly not my fault." He rested his hands on top of his head. You could tell that he was frustrated.

"Don't worry, Mr. Bridges. I don't have a lot of information but I'mma help you find her." I patted his back as he nodded.

"Thanks, Malik. I honestly appreciate it."

"No problem, man."
~
King

"What is you saying? Giveon is most definitely better than Brent." I scoffed, looking at Nia out the corner of my eye.

"Girl, you out ya mind. Brent would sing circles around Giveon." I said as shook her head.

"You don't have good music taste."

"No, that's you." I laughed as she held on to my arm.

"Aye, let's try that." I pointed to one of the games.

Me and Nia were at this carnival on a date. With everything going on, we never were able to have a real date.

"Oh, you ain't seeing me in basketball, dawg." Nia said, rolling her sleeves up.

I smacked my teeth. "Bye cause ya lying."

Soon as the buzzer went off, we started throwing the basketballs towards the hoops. Obviously I was winning.

"Shit." I waved my hands in the air while Nia huffed, crossing her arms.

"That one." I pointed to the big ass stuffed bear that was at the top. I grabbed it from the man, handing it to Nia.

"What happened to that damn frown that was on ya face?" I said as she chuckled, hugging the bear.

I scooped her up in my arms as she squealed lightly. I spun her around while people awwn'd us, walking by.

"Ooooo, let's do this." She pointed at this big ass ride that's was high as hell. I shook my head fast.

"I'm not good with heights, Queen G." I said, calling her by the nickname I gave her. "G" stands for Guillory, my last name.