Chapter 46

Amara

"Not your usual spot that you come to." I heard Vinchi say, sitting beside me.

"I'm sorry." I started off, shaking my head. "I didn't mean to do allat this morning."

"Yeen gotta apology, mamas." He said, shrugging. "I heard what happened."

"Yeah." I looked over the new set of water that I was looking at.

"Have you talked to ya brothers yet?"

"Nah, not yet." I said, looking at my phone.

Everything went back silent. Neither one of us knew what to say, so I decided to say something.

"It happened 5 years ago." I said, fiddling with my fingers. "I was 12, Jermaine was 15 and Malik was 16." I said, biting the inside of my cheek.

I looked at Vinchi, seeing that he was actually paying attention to me.

"We were coming home from school."

Flashback:

"Man, fuck Chemistry. I can't actually do any of that shit." Malik said as we walked to the house. Mom and dad were suppose to pick us up but for some reason, they didn't show.

"Shit, Imagine trying to sit through History class, listening to that white washed ass bullshit." Jermaine said, shaking his head.

"Y'all aren't actually trying. My classes are easy." I stated, looking between the two of them.

"Amara, you're in 7th grade. Obviously the classes aren't gonna be hard." Malik said with Jermaine agreeing.

"Whatever, I bet when I get in 10th and 11th grade, Imma be at the top of all my classes." I said, nodding.

"I hope you do." Jermaine said, shrugging as we got closer to our house.

"I wonder what happened with mom and dad." I said. "Wonder why they couldn't pick us up."

"Probably got held up with something." Malik said.

"Yeah, they asses probably forgot." Jermaine said as we got to the door.

I began to pull my key out until I realized the door was open.

"Why's the door open?" I asked, looking at Malik.

"Huh, that's weird." His face grew with confusion as he walked in the house with me and Jermaine following.

I frozed as my eyes got big. My mom was tied up in a chair while my dad was held at gunpoint.

Jermaine pushes me behind him as I stared in between my mom and dad and the masked dude that was staring at us.

"Get over there." The dude motioned me and Jermaine over beside mom. He pushed Malik forward, making him hit the ground instead.

Malik stopped me and Jermaine before we could get to him.

"Don't put your hands on my fucking son." Our dad said, only for him to get smacked with his gun.

"Dad!" I yelled out, covering my mouth as the masked guy aimed him gun at me.

"No, chill out!" My father said as Malik stood in front of me and Jermaine. I looked to my mom, who had tears in her eyes.

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked, only for her to shake her head.

"Everything is gonna be alright, boo." I looked back at the man who was still holding my dad at gun point.