Chapter 8

Amara

I walked into the trap after getting back from school. I looked around, furrowing my eyes cause something was off.

"Awe shit." It's quieter than usual. And when it's quiet around here, that means some shit done went down.

"Where's Dub and Le?" I asked King who was standing around, smoking on something.  He pointed to a room and I nodded, going to the back.

"Wassup y'all?" I said, feeling the tension in the room.

"Not now Amara." Jermaine responded as he had his head in his hands. I scrunched my face up.

"What's going on?" I turned, looking at Malik, but he ignored me. That's how I knew something was going on cause when something is wrong, Malik shuts everyone out.

"You said." Malik finally spoke. "No, I put you in charge of making sure we ain't have no bad blood with anybody. This is a business, we not just some random gangstas on the block, Jermaine."

"Don't you think I know that, Le? Foo, we are being set up. I know we are." He said, sitting up.

"How would we get set up? Who would want to set us up out of nowhere?" He said, standing up.

"Shit, I don't know, Malik." He said, standing up too. "This is new to me, too. I don't know who would do this shit , but don't get all mad at me when we both in this shit together."

"Ight Ight, y'all chill out, cause y'all arguing back and forth ain't gonna solve shit." I said, looking between the two of them as they just stared at each other. "What happened?"

"Word getting around that someone is out to get me and Dub, claiming we owe them some money."

"Now that's a lie. Y'all ain't no low down niggas. That ain't how y'all get down." I said, scrunching my face up.

"That's what I know." Jermaine said, pacing the room slowly.

"Bigger problem is we don't have any lead to whole it might be. Everybody claim they don't know anything."

I went silent, tryna think about if anything suspicious been going on around here.

My phone went off, signaling that I got a message.

Them Tru Members Plus A Crackhead🥱

Best🤍🤞🏾: get to the house ASAP!

I looked up at Jermaine and Malik who was looking at their phones.

"Fuck is going on now?" Malik mumbled before walking out the door with me and Jermaine following close behind.
~
"Yo, what the fuck?!" Jermaine said as I just stood there with my mouth wide open.

All, I mean all of our shit was trashed. The house was a hot mess with glass everywhere.

I walked over to the stand that held our family picture up. It was an "X" on our mother's and father's faces. I bald my fist up as I furrowed my eyes. The fuck this suppose to mean?

"Just great, huh?" Malik mumbled, sending a glare at Jermaine.

"What you gotta say now, bruh? Cause I'm tired of you bitching already." Jermaine said, sending him the same mug back.

"Bitching?" Malik asked, chuckling as he walked up to Jermaine. "Look around you foo. This whole house me and you spent our whole life working to pay for is gone. Shit we risked our lives for, gone down the fucking drain, but I'm bitching right?" He said, before chuckling coldly.

"Aye, y'all chill out." Nia mumbled as me and her stood in the middle. I'm so glad Damien is at his moms house.

"You acting like I can't see what the fuck is going on. I got eyes just like yo ass do. We both work together on this shit. Now all of a sudden, when shit go left, it's my fault? Fuck outta my face with that shit dawg." Jermaine said, getting closer to Malik as me and Nia tried to keep them apart.

"Jermaine." Malik said, chuckling. "You better get out of my face, bruh."

"Or what, Le?" I pushed Malik back so they couldn't get any closer to each other, cause when these two fight, it be hard as hell to break it up.

"Nia." I looked at her and she nodded, dropping her bag, pushing Jermaine on out the door.

"Fuck up off me." Malik said, yanking his arm away from me as he walked to his room.

I sighed, looking around the whole room. "FUCK!"