Chapter 25

Amara

"Okay, but how am I suppose to talk to these people without killing them?" I asked Minnie who's name is also Khalisè.

"Because you're gonna be talking to these people through a computer. A computer that can't track you down so no funny shit happens. We'll find out what they want and go from there." She said as I nodded.

"Ight so I'm the only one that's gonna he talking?"

"Yes, because you're their main target, we can't tick them off in any way so everyone else needs to move over here and be quiet." Minnie said. Everyone moved as she put a laptop in front of me.

"Wait where's Nia?" King asked.

"She said she couldn't make it." I mumbled. Making her look even more suspicious.

"I'm gonna be showing my face?"

"Yes, but they won't be showing theirs."

***-***-**** would like to FaceTime..

"Here goes nothing." I said as I answered the call.

"Yeah?"

"You Amara?" I looked at the computer with a confused look on my face. "Nah I'm just some random chick who answered the call."

The other side chuckled. "Ight, you'll end up just like ya brothers."

My jaw tightened as my hand turned into a fist. "What y'all want man?"

"We want our reputation back." I looked at the computer screen.

"What are you talking about?"

"We want what's rightfully ours back. With Jermaine and Malik gone, we thought that would be the end of y'all little business but word done got around that you tryna take over. So either you give us our spot back or we take it from you, just like we took ya brothers."

"Keep them out of ya mouth Ight?" I said, trying to control my anger.

"Anyways. We need you and ya crew to meet at this location that I will be sending to you."

"What do they have to do with any of this?"

"We need them in our eye sight to make sure nothing funny happens cause you known for setting people up." I scoffed.

"And if we don't?"

"Well, we'll just find you and end this in a different way."

"Y'all talk a whole lot of shit but too pussy enough to show ya face. Too pussy to even talk to me straightforward since ya using a voice changer."

"You eager to see who I am huh?" The voice said, chuckling.

My jaw clenched as I sat back a little. "When do you want us to meet?"

"You'll find out soon enough. Could be 2 weeks from now, could be a couple of months, could be a lot of months. I'll decide when I get off my bullshit witcha." They chuckled like it was some kind of joke.

"What the fuck is funny dawg?"

"Goodbye Amara."

"Fuck you, bitch."

After I said that, the call ended.

"So that's it? We just suppose to sit around and wait forever?" King said, scrunching up his face.

"It seems like it." Khalisè sighed.

"I'll be back." I said, getting up.

"Wait where are you going?" They yelled out since I was already at the door.

"To get some air!" I yelled back, walking out before anybody could stop me.
~
I sighed as I looked up at the place I was finna enter. I don't come here as much as I need to but I gotta do better.

I walked into the church, greeting some people that were there too. I sat on the front bench as I looked around. I feel so relaxed in here.

I got up and kneeled down before bowing my head.

"Our Father, Lord and Savior. I come to You today to first thank you for always being there for me in my life. I know I don't acknowledge it all of the time but I really do appreciate You for always being by my side. You have loved me since day 1 and never stopped and I will always give You the honor that you deserve. Lord, I come to you today to ask you to show me what I should do. I know what I'm doing isn't right, but this is for my survival. I promise, when everything is said and done, I will stop what I'm doing and do something legit. I'm just asking you to give me a sign. Show me who's down for me, show me what to do next, and show me the right thing to do. Everything has gotten so much harder now that my brothers are gone. Give me the strength I need cause I don't know if I'm doing this right. Please, God, have mercy. Amen."

I sighed as I opened my eyes, feeling a whole lot lighter than earlier.

"That was powerful." I turned around to see an older woman, standing beside me.

"Oh, I didn't know anybody was listening." I said, standing up.

"I know, I know." She said, chuckling. "How you feeling?"

"I'm fine." I said, wiping my face. I didn't even notice that I was crying. "I feel a lot better."

She stared at me before embracing me in a hug. I was hesitant at first but hugged her back.

"Listen to me okay?" She said, pulling back from me. "Everything is going to be alright. Good is gonna put you in the strongest position that you need to be in to finish your battle. I don't know what you're battling but you will have the victory of it." She rubbed my back before she started walking off.

"Oh and one more thing." She said, turning around. "Everything isn't as it seems. You should really look into what's been going on around you, but not too close. You'll find out what you should do, soon." She said, giving me a half smile then walked off fully.

I stood there for a second, trying to see what that was about before it all clicked.

"That was the sign." I mumbled. I smiled before looking up to the sky. "Thank you."

I pulled my phone out, seeing that I had a text message.

Vinchi😒: you Ight?

:yeah, I'm on my way back.

I wanted to get this over with so bad but I know deep down that I had to let God do what He had to do.