Chapter 23

Amara

I woke up, stretching since the porch was hard as a motherfucker.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes as I stood up, grabbing my glock from the side.

This has become a nightly and daily routine for me. I can't bare myself to walk into the house so I sleep on the porch. I will start sleeping in my car when I get a new one since I crashed the last one.

I started walking down the street since I needed to get to Nia's house so I could shower. Even tho her house is a good time away from ours, I still manage to get there without any problems.
~
I know Nia was at school so she wouldn't be at her house but I did have a key. After I took a shower and got some of her clothes, I said hello to Mr. Williams and walked out of the house. I sat on the front porch and decided to just chill since I would be here for a minute.

That was until I got a call.

Vinchi😒 would like to FaceTime...

I furrowed my eyes as I answered the call. "Yeah?"

"Where you at?"

"Why?"

He smacked his teeth. "Right now ain't the time to be playing Amara. Where you at?"

"Some where you not." I said, shrugging.

"Amara." He said, sighing in frustration. "Stop fucking playing and tell me where you at. Cause if I have to find ya ass it ain't gonna be pretty." He said and with that he hung up.

I just sat there, looking at my phone screen.

I smacked my teeth and powered my phone off.

Fuck he think this is?
~
"What the fuck?" I said as I was rudely woken up by someone yanking me by my shirt.

"Looking every fucking where for yo ass, bruh. Childish as fuck." Vinchi said as he pulled me to the car.

He opened the car door and put me in it, closing the door after me.

"Yo what the fuck is yo problem?" I said, but he ignored me.

"Um, hello?" I said, waving my hand in his face.

"Shut the fuck up, Amara." He said as he started driving.

"Who you talking to?"

"Shut the fuck up, damn." He mumbled focusing on the road.

"Vinchi don't piss me off on this evening dawg. Acting like a-"

He reached his hand over, grabbing my chin as he turned my head with force.

"Yo." He said, chuckling. Thankfully we were at a stoplight. "Shut the fuck up, naii. I ain't gonna tell you no more." He said as he let go of my face and started driving with one hand.

I sat back in my seat looking out the window.

Fuck this nigga.
~
My mouth dropped as we pulled up to my house.

I stepped out the car slowly seeing that my windows were busted and someone had spray painted all of the house.

"Yo." I finally said since I was speechless for a moment. I looked over the yard since they trashed my shit.

I looked back a Vinchi who had this look on his face. He looked concerned and confused.

I walked around as my sadness started to turn into anger.

"Bruh, what the fuck?" I said as tears of anger started rolling down my face. I can't catch a fucking break.

I was finna walk back to the car until I noticed this item shining from the grass.