Chapter 20

Nia

I cried as I held my best friend in my arms, trying to stop the bleeding. Why wouldn't she tell anyone that she got shot?

I looked out the window as I shook my head, crying harder. Malik and Jermaine were gone. People that were like brothers to me, gone, just like that.

"Amara, please wake up." I said, crying into her shirt.

Kiara stopped driving, indicating that we were now at King and Vinchi's house. Vinchi came and got her from me, carrying her into the house.

Me and Kiara followed them as they went to the back of their house, into some kind of room.

The whole room was quiet as King started working on her. For some reason, he knew a whole lot about this type of stuff.

I walked into the living room, getting away from everything that was going on. I can't bare to see my best friend unconscious.

I sat on their couch, looking down at the blood on my hands.

This is the worst day ever.
~
(Few Days Later)
Amara

I opened my eyes, noticing that I had a headache. I looked around to see I was in a room that I didn't recognize.

I sat up, wincing at the pain in my arm, confused on what happened.

See that it was wrapped up, it brought back all of the memories of the other night. Everything from us killing multiple people, to seeing my brothers get blown up in a van.

I bounced my leg as I started shaking, not knowing what to do.

I stood up, walking out of the room, not caring about how weak my body was.

"Amara, you're up." King said from the kitchen, but I ignored him.

"Amara." Nia said, trying to grab my hand, but I snatched away from her, walking out of the door.
~
I sat on the steps at my house after I walked all the way here because I needed to clear my head. I powered my phone off so no one could contact me too.

I couldn't bare to bring myself to walk in the house right now, seeing that it was too many memories in the house.

I didn't want to think about what was going on right now because I was going to lose it. I knew I was.

I furrowed my eyes as I noticed that something was sticking out of our mail box. As I walked up to see what it was, I hesitated because I knew the picture all too well.

It was a picture of me, Malik and Jermaine from a year ago. One of the only pictures that I have of Malik and Jermaine both smiling.

Looking at the picture, my face was circled on it, with the words 'you're next' above me.

My blood boiled as I could feel myself getting mad.

I'm sick of this shit.
~
Vinchi

Me and King was riding in silence as we drove to the trap.

Amara had sent a text out saying that we need to meet her at the trap ASAP.

"How you feeling bro?" I asked King, breaking the silence.

"I'm straight, I just," He sighed as he wiped his face. "We were so close man."

"We were right there. Right when we were finna get them, it just," I stopped talking as I shook my head. "I can't imagine how Amara's feeling."

"I wonder how she's taking it. She left out the house without saying a word to any of us." King said as we pulled up to the trap.