Declarations

I stared down at my hands in horror. Did I do that? Pan stood up, looking at me with mischievous smile. I put my hands by my sides before anything else freaky happened.

"I knew it." Pan said. I whipped my head to look at him.

"What?" I snapped.

"The prophecy. It said you were powerful, you were different." He explained, looking down in concentration. He looked up at my face again.

"You have magic, Ava." He said with another infuriating smile. I shook my head. I looked at my hands as if they were lethal weapons covered in the blood of the innocent people I had murdered. I can't have magic, I can't. Dad had it, even if it was just a little. Look what happened to him. Magic always come with a price. A price I am not willing to pay.

"No." I murmured. "No, I don't want it!" I shouted, Pan's face took on a look of confusion.

"I don't want it!" I nearly screamed. Pan walked up to me and took my hands.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a gift." He said.

"It's a curse. Magic is a blessing until it becomes a shackle. And it will become a shackle sooner or later." I mumbled, looking everywhere but Pan's eyes.

"It rips away what you love. I don't want it!" I shouted.

"Not if you know how to control it." Pan said.

"Magic robbed me of my family. It left me all alone." I said hopelessly, feeling like the lost little girl I was on Neverland.

"That's not true. You have me. You'll always have me." Pan said, with a crooked smile. I stared at him. His hands encircled mine, the warmth of his hands seeping into them. His green eyes held an emotion I saw so rarely. His smile was lopsided, like he hadn't genuinely smiled in so long that it was broken. For a moment I saw a little boy in the hope of his eyes. A little boy who was abandoned by his father. Abandoned by his mother. Who grew up with nothing. A little boy who lived on nothing but games and make believe. A little boy who was never shown true love, who was robbed of a happy life. Hot tears welled in my eyes. I squeezed his hands. Pan swallowed, and looked down at our interlocked hands.

"Just...give it a chance. Give me a chance." He said quietly. I stared into his eyes, which had tears rimming the edges of them, threatening to spill. Pan suddenly leaned forward and closed the distance between our lips. I made a startled noise against his mouth. Pan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I didn't move. Pan tilted his head and his lips slid across mine, begging for a response. After a few seconds, I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I felt him smile. The kiss turned hot and messy, our tears mixing together on our faces. I shushed the quiet voices in the my head telling me that I was making a huge mistake. I left all my problems behind and put everything I had into the kiss. I don't know how long we stayed like that, slipping our hands into each others hair and framing our faces. After a while I broke away, breathing heavily. Pan put his hands on either side of my face and touched our foreheads, like he was afraid I would disappear. "Thank you." He whispered so quietly I barely heard it.

"This is so...difficult." I whispered despite myself. Pan chuckled quietly.

"If love was easy, everyone would have it." He said. I thought for a moment. Was this a love worth fighting for? Was I willing to risk everything to make this work? Deep down I know there's something. It's just I don't know exactly what it is. I looked up at Pan's green eyes, and saw the helpless little boy deep inside them. Maybe. Just maybe.

It's a short chapter but it had a lot of meaning to it! Thank you guys soooo much for the comments and 20K reads???!!!!! That's amazing!!! Next chapter will be posted soon!! :D