The Curse

The squeezing in my chest was excruciating. I couldn't breath. Couldn't see straight. I prayed that the end would be quick. Suddenly, the clenching in my chest stopped. My lungs burst, making me take a desperate gasp for air. When the tears in my eyes cleared and my lungs were filled, I looked up to see why I was still alive. Pan stood over the well, his eyes narrowed in concentration. Felix lay crumpled on the ground, unmoving. In Pan's palm was a pile of dust, in his other hand was my glowing organ. I propped myself up on my elbows, watching Pan intently. His eyes flickered to me, and his face stretched into a genuine smile. My heart would've skipped a beat if it were still in my chest.

"H-How...?" I stuttered out. I looked closer at my heart. I noticed there was a gaping hole. A piece missing. I clutched at my chest instinctively. Pan came to kneel by my huddled body. His lips trembled in a ghost of a smile.

"Calm down. I would never hurt you." He said quietly. I tried to speak but words refused to form. Pan held out the organ to me, smirking mischievously. Like he saw something I didn't. Taking a deep breath, he pushed the heart back into my chest. I grunted as he yanked out his hand. I took a breath through clenched teeth. The emptiness in my chest filled with emotion. With that emotion, came fear and relief and helplessness. All at once, making my heart overflow with feeling. Tears fell in rivers down my cheeks. Don't ask why, because I didn't know myself. I covered my eyes with my hands, uneven sobs making my shoulders shake violently. Pan wrapped his arms around me, gently whispering into my hair. I shoved him away. After another small smile to me, Pan stood up and went over to the well. I looked closer at the pile of dust in his hand. There were two piles. One was a light color, and the other had a darker tint.

"What's that?" I asked weakly. Oh poor you. A sarcastic voice in my head hissed. Poor little Ava. She can't do anything for herself. She just lets Pan do whatever he wants without question. I shushed the voice as I watched Pan. He looked at me.

"This is Felix's heart and a piece of yours." He explained. Pan combined the two piles of dust in his hand. He waved his left hand over the mixed pile. The dust glowed for a second.

"The curse demands the heart of the thing I love most. Which is obviously you. Now, I can't let that happen. That's where Felix comes in. My magic is powerful. For I have been alive a very long time. The curse can be easily persuaded." Pan said. The glowing of the pile of dust ceased. Pan smirked.

"Now the curse will believe Felix's heart for your's." Pan remarked proudly as he dropped the dust into the well. The green smoke overflowed over the well's edge. My chest contracted in fear. Pan looked at me and rushed forward, grabbing my hand and hoisting me up. One second we were in the forest, the next we were in the town square. He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked.

"Time for some real fun." He said darkly.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
Emma stood in the front room of Mr. Gold's shop. Henry, David, Mary Margaret, Regina, Belle, Baelfire, Hook, and Mr. Gold stood in the room with her. Their faces were all pinched with concentration.

"So, what you're saying is that you have no idea where Pan is?" Regina snapped. There was a pause as Mr. Gold stared at the floor.

"No." He answered simply.

"Ava's missing. She is most likely with Pan." Emma said, thinking hard.

"He's obviously up to something." David piped in.

"Do you think it involves Ava?" Mary Margaret asked.

"No, he's just obsessed with her." Hook said. Before anyone could reply, Leroy burst through the doors of the shop.

"The curse, it's coming!" He shouted, panic gripping his voice.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
The clock in the town square struck 8:15. Pan's smirk grew wider. I was looking around frantically, looking for a way out of this.

"Calm down. It'll all be over soon." Pan said, pleased with himself. I glared at him.

"Is this what you really want?" I said incredulously. "You really want me to forget? I offered you a chance. And what did you do? You didn't believe me." Pan's jaw clenched.

"You expect me to believe you after all this time?" He said, his voice rising.

"You have been asking me for a chance since all this started. I gave you one even after you stripped me of the people that I love." I said, stepping closer to yell in his face. Pan looked away, his eyes narrowed.

"Why do you do this?" I asked, my voice cracking. He looked at me, his expression changing ever so slightly.

"Maybe if you weren't like this I could...I could..." I stuttered, the words refusing to form in my mouth. He looked at me hopefully, pressing me to elaborate further. I sighed, giving up on trying to explain.

"Like what, Ava?" He spat. "Like me? This is who I am." I shook my head.

"No, I don't believe that." I said. He raised his eyebrows.

"I think you are desperate and confused." I began. "You don't know what to do." He was staring at me now, his brows furrowed. I stared right back at him.

"I'm right, aren't I?" I asked. He avoided eye contact.

"Aren't I?!" I demanded. Before he could say anything, I heard rushed footsteps and shouts approaching.

"There they are!" David's voice called out. I turned around to see everyone racing towards us. Pans face stretched back into a wicked grin, making me tense. They all stopped a few feet from us, fear evident in their eyes. A clap of thunder echoed, making us all look up. A cloud of green smoke was surrounding the town, all odds of escape destroyed. Pan laughed in triumph.

"Peter Pan never fails." He said.

"I can still stop you." Regina growled, stepping forward. Before she could send a fireball his way, Pan waved his hand. A wave of magic passed over us, and we were paralyzed. I am so sick of magic, I thought.

"There is no escaping now!" Pan shouted cheerfully. As much as I tried, my limbs refused to budge. His eyes scanned us with amusement.

"Look at that, a captive audience. I could play with you like a pack of dolls." He said, taking a few steps forward. If I could move I would've shivered. Suddenly, Pan's face morphed into one of anger and confusion. His eyes scanned the group, looking for something or someone. I looked over the group. Then it clicked. Emma and Henry were missing.

"Were are they?!" Pan shouted. Nobody could move to answer. Pan waved his hand, and we were freed.

"Tell me where they are!" He raged, his vein popping out if his forehead. Regina smirked.

"They got away." The woman said triumphantly. "They got out of town before the curse could get to them. They will come back. And they will defeat you." Regina snarled. Pan looked down, the gears in his cunning mind spinning. He whipped his head up.

"This was a distraction. A distraction for me while they got away." Pan spat, his voice heavy with rage.

"The whole thing was a distraction. We even planted Ava in the jail. We knew you would come for her. And while you were distracted with her, we were figuring out a way to stop you." Mary Margaret explained. I whipped my head around to glare at her.

"What?!" I shouted. "What?! You knew he would take me and you let it happen anyway?! Who are you to put me up for grabs like I'm the last slice of pizza!" I screamed, starting to stomp up to her. They all looked at me with guilt in their eyes, but I didn't care. Before I could get close enough to do something stupid, I felt a hand grab me and hold me back. I looked back to see Pan holding me.

"Looks like they fooled us both." He said, staring at them with a murderous glare. I ripped myself from him, backing away from both groups. Pan looked at me with a blank expression, while the rest of them looked at me sadly. Another clap of thunder made the ground shake. The green smoke crawled closer and closer. I gripped onto the thoughts of Emma and Henry returning and the possibility of escape as the cloud got close enough to touch. The last thing I saw was Pan's slight smirk as the smoke enveloped me.

Ava didn't die, Pan didn't die. All is well in Storybrooke. Or is it? Mwahahaha! What will the curse bring? Vote and comment what you think will happen next! :)