Maleficent

I woke up to the sound of rustling outside my bedroom. I stood up and wrapped the blanket around my shoulders, walking into the living room with it trailing behind me. Aaron was rushing around the apartment, his laptop bag in his hand.

"What's going on?" I asked. He didn't slow down.

"Emergency at work. Gotta go, I'll be back before dinner." He answered, slipping on his jacket. He planted a kiss on my forehead before rushing out the door. I plopped down on the couch and turned the TV on. Since it was my day off, I planned on being as useless as the "g" in lasagna. I propped my feet up on the coffee table and binged watched Netflix for hours straight. I hadn't realized it was dark outside until Aaron texted me. I might be at work longer than I thought. I won't be there for dinner tonight, sorry. The text read. I replied, It's fine, I wasn't planning on cooking anyway. I got dressed and started to make my way over to Granny's to pick up a quick meal. As I was walking past a dark alley, which was making me nervous, a black gloved hand shot out and wrapped itself around my arm. Another pair of hands pressed a cloth over my mouth and nose. I couldn't help but inhale as the strong sweet scent filled my nose. The hands dragged me into the alleyway as my eyes unwillingly closed and my body went limp.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
My eyes cracked open. I tried to raise my hands to rub my eyes but found that I couldn't move them. I opened my eyes fully and looked down at myself. I was sitting in a wooden chair and my back was stiff from being in the same position. My hands and ankles were tied to the limbs of the chair, and I struggled to get free. The rope bit into my skin and the knots seemed to be unmoving. I was in a dark cave, the only light coming the torches burning on the walls. I looked off to the side and saw my phone sitting on a rock to my right. I looked up and squinted my eyes, trying to pick out a figure in the darkness. A woman emerged from the shadows. She wore a gray coat and her blonde hair was twisted up behind her head. I narrowed my eyes.

"You're the woman who's been snooping around town." I said. She only smiled.

"Yes, I believe that's me." She said proudly. "I apologize for the roughness but I couldn't think of any other way to get you here." I looked her up and down.

"Who are you?" I asked. She stepped closer.

"I'm Maleficent." She said grandly, lifting her chin with confidence. I raised an eyebrow, scoffing.

"Maleficent like the fairytale?" I said. She started to walk around the chair I was sitting in.

"Oh, there's still so much you don't know." She said.

"I know that you must be a crazy person." I mumbled.

"Do you know about Peter Pan? Or Peter Panrell as he's known here?" She asked.

"Oh, so you're Maleficent and he's Peter Pan. Perfect, now I get it." I said sarcastically. She stopped to stare down at me.

"You really don't know anything, do you?" She said, half to herself. I knitted my brows in confusion.

"What is there to know?" I asked. She raised an eyebrow.

"Do you even know your real name?" She asked.

"My name is Ava Hyatt." I said, meeting her amused gaze with my annoyed one. She laughed.

"He really erased your entire memory." She said to herself. I narrowed my eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on, or are you going to continue with the vague answers?" I snapped. She smirked again.

"I'm here for one purpose. I want revenge on Pan." She explained.

"Shouldn't you want revenge on Sleeping Beauty?" I asked patronizingly. She narrowed her eyes.

"Very funny." She said, even thought it didn't sound like she thought it was funny at all.