Emma and Henry

Sorry it took me so long. Thank you guys soooo much for the comments on the A/N. I was pleasantly surprised at the response and it truly made me grateful for what amazing readers I have. Just so you guys know, I will be finishing this story and I will be writing another Peter Pan fan fiction. Again thank you so so so much it really helped me write this chapter. Enjoy! :)

Bang! Bang! Bang! The gunshots rang out. I smirked as I eyed my target. Peter raised his eyebrows in surprise, obviously impressed.

"Wow, you picked that up fast." He commented. I looked over my shoulder and smiled triumphantly at him. He was leaning against the wall of the shooting range, his arms crossed casually. The target had ten perfect holes in the center.

"It's a lot easier than shooting a bow." I said, pulling out my earplugs. Peter came to stand by my side.

"Now you can defend yourself if Maleficent catches up with us." He said.

"And from anyone else who comes along." I replied. I reloaded the gun.

"So, what's our next move?" I asked.

"Emma and Henry." He answered.

"You know where they are?" I asked incredulously.

"Just found out this morning. Come on, let's go." He said, walking out the door.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
The cab ride was silent. The ascend up the apartment building's steps was silent. The time we both spent standing before their front door was silent. It wasn't until we both took a deep breath to prepare ourselves that any sound was exchanged at all. We glanced at each other, then Peter knocked on the door. A few tension-filled seconds passed. Then the doorknob turned and the door creaked open. The familiar blonde haired woman stood before us, a book in her hand. We both analyzed her face intently, searching for signs of recognition. The book slipped out of Emma's hands.

"Pan." She breathed, her eyes locked on his face. Peter and I exhaled in relief. Her eyes shifted to me.

"Ava? What are you doing here? And with him." She said. I took a cautious step forward.

"Emma, it's ok. I have it under control. He wants to help." I explained. Emma looked at him in disgust, and Peter stared back at her blankly.

"Can we come in?" I asked. Emma looked at me, searching my eyes for an indication of some kind of spell I might have been put under. She apparently didn't find any, and opened the door wider and gestured us inside. We all sat down at the table, just as Henry entered the room. His eyes widened when he saw us, and he rushed over to Emma.

"Mom, what is he doing here?" Henry said.

"It's ok, Henry." Emma replied.

"Please, I'll explain everything." I reassured. Henry sat down next to his mother reluctantly. Peter was keeping quiet, as we both knew was best for the situation. I took a deep breath to prepare myself for the long explanation ahead.

"When the curse hit, everyone's memories were erased. Just like in Regina's curse. There were a lot of complications but I'll cut to the chase. Maleficent is back and she's the one behind all this." I said.

"Maleficent? But I killed her myself." Emma said.

"Well, apparently she's back from the dead somehow tampered with the curse." I explained.

"But how? How did she come back to life and mess with the curse without us noticing?" Emma asked.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the caves under the town." Peter interjected. Everyone looked at him. "As you will recall, The Evil Queen kept Maleficent there as a dragon until you slayed her. The only thing that remained of her was a pile of ashes. Using the blood of the person who wronged her most, she was revived." Peter finished. Emma's eyes were narrowed, thinking hard.