The Confrontion

A week passed. I spent most of my time at the house, practicing new forms of magic. I was quickly becoming stronger and stronger. Maleficent would disappear for long periods of time, not telling me where she was going and for what purpose. I realized soon after that any attempts to find out what she was doing was pointless. She told me that it was for my own good that I didn't know what she was up to. Nearly every night, I would watch Pan through the crystal ball as he had the endless nightmares. They would come one after the other, never letting Pan even get the slightest amount of sleep. He would wake up screaming, tears staining his face. Sometimes I would cry with him. By the end of the week, Maleficent told me that it was time to execute the next stage of her plan.

"What are we going to do?" I asked, bracing myself for the answer. Maleficent gathered Pandora's box and the squid ink.

"You will go to Pan's apartment and wait for him to return. When he does, you will use the squid ink and put him in Pandora's box. Simple as that." She explained. I knitted my brows.

"What makes you so sure this will go smoothly?" I asked. Maleficent waved away my concerns.

"He will be weak from the effects of the sleeping spell. You can handle it." She reassured me. I rolled my eyes a bit in uncertainty.

"I have a bad feeling." I muttered.

"What's the worst that could happen?" She replied. I whipped around to face her.

"Never say that! Have you seen any horror movie in the history of ever? Whenever someone says "what's the worst that could happen?" someone gets dragged into a dark hallway where their flesh is feasted upon. Now you've condemned the operation." I said. Maleficent chuckled.

"You'll be fine. You've been getting stronger with your magic. I'm sure you could take Pan even without the squid ink." She said. I grabbed the box and the bottle of ink.

"If something bad happens, it's your fault." I said before leaving the house.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
I sat in the living room of Pan's apartment, waiting for him anxiously. A crossbow rested on my knee, my finger resting on the trigger. I had been waiting for a while, and my heart beat seemed to be getting louder in my ears. The front door creaked open. I jumped to my feet and sprinted over to the doorway. I peeked around the corner, keeping my body concealed. Pan entered the entryway and crossed over to the living room. Just as he entered, I jumped from behind the door. I aimed and sent the arrow flying. As I predicted, Pan caught it just before it skewered his heart. I smirked, just as he did.

"Oh, Ava. You didn't really come here with the intention of killing me, did you? And with a puny arrow at that." He said superiorly. He clicked his tongue. I got a good look at him for the first time in a while. He had dark circles under his eyes, which were bloodshot. I wonder how much sleep he'd gotten in the past week.

"You should know better by now." He said, dropping the arrow. I set the crossbow down on the ground, the smirk never leaving my face.

"I do. That's why I didn't coat the tip." I said slyly. Pan knitted his brows and looked down at his hand. A slick black liquid covered his palm, and the shimmering wave of magic passed over him.

"Little trick I learned from Baelfire." I said, walking up to him. I could tell he was struggling against the magic, for his face was contorted with fury. He set his rage filled eyes on me.

"What was that about me not being able to kill you?" I slinked, yanking out my dagger. The cold metal tip of the blade kissed his neck, and I saw the flicker of fear in his eyes. I smiled maliciously. For once, he wasn't in control of me. For once, I had the upper hand.

"I could kill you right now. All my troubles would be solved." I threatened. I drove the blade into his skin, a drop of blood rolling down his throat.