The Jolly Roger

We were all waken up by Felix. When I asked him why he was waking us up so damn early, he just said to gather your weapons. I found my bow and sword and ate a quick breakfast. I hastily braided my filthy hair. My whole body felt sticky and my face was probably so dirty it was hardly recognizable. There better be a good reason behind this. Pan announced that Captain Hook had set foot on Neverland's shores. The Lost boys all smirked to each other.

"So? That's why you woke us up at the crack of dawn?!" I stormed.

"I woke you up at the "crack of dawn" because I'm the mood to kill some pirates." Pan shouted the last part. That earned shouts of excitement from all around. Wow, Pan has really trained these boys to be as bloodthirsty as him.

We were now waiting behind a bunch of bushes, watching the pirates park their boats on the white sand. I had an arrow notched and was waiting for orders. Pan had found his way back to me and was standing uncomfortably close, practically breathing down my neck.

"Um, do you mind? This is my hiding spot." I whispered, annoyed.

"I don't mind." He breathed in my ear. My jaw tightened. A few minutes of watching the pirates do random things passed. I saw a man clothed entirely in black leather, with glossy black hair. He had a shiny hook for a hand, that must be him. Pan put a hand on my shoulder.

"Aim." He instructed. I drew the string back and anchored, pointing the arrow at a random pirate.

"Now." Pan said. I let the arrow fly. It landed in the man's arm. He yelped out and the Lost boys let their arrows fly. The pirates caught on and charged towards the bushes. I abandoned my bow and pulled out my sword. Soon a heated battle had begun. The pirates were good with swords, but I was better. I had gone through several men, not killing them though. I just knocked them out by hitting them over the head with my sword hilt. I would not kill innocent people just for Pan's amusement. I had just sent another sailor to the ground when I started striding towards the Captain with determination. He had a sword in one hand and his hook for the other. When he saw me, he gaped.

"You're a girl?" He stammered. I rolled my eyes. Was it so rare for a girl to be on the island?

"A little heavy on the eyeliner, don't ya think?" He shot me a glare and we were slashing at each other with our blades. I managed to get a few cuts on his arms, and I knocked his sword out of his hand. He was trying to stab me with his hook but I blocked him effortlessly. But, he was a full grown man and I was a teenage girl. He caught me off guard and kicked my weapon away. He clawed at my face, cutting me deeply across the cheek. I stumbled to the ground and he pinned down with his body. He thrust his hook towards my throat and I grabbed his wrists with both hands, trying to push it away. But his strength overpowered mine and the cold metal kissed my skin. He scraped the tip down my neck and across my collarbone, leaving a long gash. I yelped out at the sharp pain. Hook was pushed off me by invisible hands. I whipped my head around to see Pan with an furious expression. He glanced at the blood running down my neck and something flickered in his eyes. Hook laughed, he laughed! Oh, he's got some nerve. I scrambled to my feet, Pan's eyes were glued to me. I nodded to him, signaling that I was fine. But he grabbed my arm anyway and yelled, "Retreat!" to the other boys. We bolted back to camp. Once we were inside, Pan hovered his hand over my cheek and neck. The torn skin sealed itself. He chuckled.

"Looks like you owe me two favors." He taunted.

"Oh please. I could've handled him."

"Right, that's why I had to throw him off you and heal your wounds." He bragged.

"He just caught me off guard, and I didn't ask you to do anything." He scoffed.

"Whatever." He muttered, shuffling away. I smirked to myself. Ha, you know you've won when someone says "whatever." Many other boys were bleeding, why didn't Pan heal them? I shrugged it off and went to tend to the injured myself.