Storybrooke

I looked over the side of the ship and saw a little town connected to a harbor full of ships. The sky was foggy and threatened rain. I tightened my cloak around my shoulders in a effort to keep warm. The ship flew towards the ground and I grabbed hold of a dangling rope to keep myself steady as the ship collided with the ocean with a powerful jerk. A crowd had gathered on the dock, and they cheered as we descended down the gangplank. They took turns hugging Henry and his family. Henry had a dazed look on his face, like he had just been shocked awake from a dream. The Lost boys scurried down the gangplank with excited and curious faces. I was the last to step off the ship. I saw Wendy hug two older men, one with glasses. I stood awkwardly off to the side, watching everyone embrace each other. I saw Henry slink out of the crowd and over to Felix, which made me narrow my eyes. They exchanged a few words, then Henry yelled to his family. They rushed over and David grabbed Felix and dragged him away. Neal appeared at my side.

"Come on, Ava. We're going to Mr. Golds shop to settle this Pan business." He said.

We were in the back room of Mr. Gold's pawn shop. A little hatch in the floor was opened. Emma had her arm around Henry's shoulder protectively. Mr. Gold placed the box in the compartment in the floor.

"Once I seal the box in here, no one can break the spell but me." Mr. Gold explained. He closed the compartment and waved his hand over the tiny door. A yellow wave of magic passed over it.

"And you're not gonna do that." Henry said.

"Believe me, I want Pan trapped just as much as you." Mr. Gold said.

"Don't worry, Henry. He's not getting out of there." Emma reassured.

"We won't let anything happen to you again. I promise." Regina said.

"She's right. You needn't worry. As long as I'm alive, that boy will never see the light of day again." Mr. Gold said icily. Henry looked down at the closed door. Everyone started filing out of the room, but I stayed behind. I stared down at the floor with my arms crossed, deep in thought. Never see the light of day again. I felt Henry watching me closely.

"You coming, Ava?" He asked. I snapped my focus up, and followed him out the door.

Everyone was at a restaurant called Granny's, drinking rum. I was standing off to the side, picking at my fingernails.

"Ava." Someone said. I looked up and Emma was standing in front of me. "I want to thank you for helping us back in Neverland. Without you we wouldn't be here right now." She said with a smile. I smiled back.

"And without you I would still be stuck on that island." I chuckled. We both laughed.

"Speaking of which, if you still need a place to stay, you're welcome to stay with us." She said warmly.

"Really? I would love that." I said cheerfully.

"I think you should go over there and talk to Henry for a bit. You both look like you need a friend." I smiled one more time to her and walked over to the booth where Henry was flipping through the pages of an old book. I sat in the seat opposite him.

"Whatcha got there?" I asked. He looked up.

"It's my...uh...storybook." He stammered. I nodded. He closed the book and pushed it aside.

"So, how do you like the town?" He asked.

"It's...better than Neverland." I concluded. Henry smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. Hook was suddenly there and he placed a mug of rum on the table beside me. He patted me on the back and joined his drinking buddies.

"Looks like your fitting in just fine." Henry said. I chuckled.

"Yeah." I said quietly. Pan's words echoed in my head again. I grabbed the mug and took a sip of rum, as a polite gesture. I scrunched up my face and set the mug down. I swallowed with great effort.