Family Reunion

I had walked only a few steps from Pan's tent when Sam rushed over and wrapped his arms around me.

"Ava, you're ok! I was so worried. They didn't let me see you." He said, his face buried in my stomach. I hugged him back. We pulled away and he looked up at me.

"So, how are you feeling?" He asked curiously.

"Good." I said. He examined me.

"Like you feel as if you never ate that plant? Good as new?" He asked.

"Yup. Good as new." I said cheerfully. We smiled at each other.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
I was laying on my cot in my tent. I wasn't really sleepy since I had been resting for the past few days. I had opened the flap of my tent so I could see the sky, the stars. The night air cooled my skin. My hands were folded behind my head as I thought hard about yesterday. Pan and Felix had showed me such tenderness when I was dying. Felix had always been bitter towards me. Maybe I could start working away at him, make him my friend. Being friends with the enemy's right hand would certainly better my chances of getting off this island. Pan had acted truly concerned about my well being, he had worked so feverishly to keep me alive. I had believed that maybe he wasn't so bad, but then he went back to being himself. Using it agaisnt me. I shook my head as if to clear it and went back to star gazing. Then, Sam came into the tent.

"Come on, we're leaving tonight." He said into my ear. I was shocked to hear that he suddenly came to his senses, but quickly pulled on my shoes. Sam stealthily left my tent without a sound. I put on my knapsack, quiver and cloak. I realized that Sam had left my sword on my bed. How did he get this back? I shoved the thought away and clipped it onto my belt. After grabbing my bow, I left my tent to find Sam waiting by the embers of the dead fire. Without a word, we sprinted into the jungle. We ran at full speed until we were a good distance away from the camp. We slowed to a jog until we reached the shores of Mermaid Lagoon. We stopped to sit on the sand and rest.

"Why? Why the sudden change of mind, Sam?" I asked.

"Pan has been threatening me. He said that if I ever encouraged or helped you escape, that he would hurt you. I believed him. But then after he healed you, I knew that he wouldn't ever harm you. I don't know exactly what it is, but I can tell he wants something from you. And he can't get it if you're dead." He explained. I nodded. That definitely made the most sense right now.

"So, what's the plan? Where are we going?"

"To the far side of the island, there's someone there that can give us a bit of magic so we can hide from Pan."

"What's their name?"

"Tinkerbell." There was a moment of silence.

"We should start moving. Who knows how soon Pan will be awake and looking for us."

"Sooner than you think." A sinister voice interjected. Pan stood only a few feet from us, and Lost boys had we're beginning to surround us. Crossbows and spears ready.

"I thought you were smarter than this, Sam. Never leave the cell without a way out of the prison." Pan said, clearly annoyed. In a matter of seconds, I had grabbed an arrow off my back, notched it, and let it fly. It would have have skewered Pan right in the heart, if the demon hadn't caught it.

"Foolish girl." He spat, tossing the arrow aside. Pan turned to Felix.

"Have the prisoners ready when we get back." Pan said, business like. Felix nodded and disappeared into the forest with a few other boys. Pan gestured to one of them and he stepped forward. Before I could blink, red dust was blown in my face and I fell to the ground. The blackness overpowered me.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
I awoke with a groan. My wrists and ankles refused to separate. I opened my eyes. I was being carried over someone's shoulder. Judging by the height and the hood over the person's face, I guessed it was Felix. My wrists and feet had been tied together and the rope bit into my skin. A few Lost boys were with us as we trudged through the dense jungle. I spotted Sam, also tied and thrown over a Lost boy's shoulder. He hadn't woken up from the knock out dust yet. Pan was walking directly behind Felix. He saw that I was awake and gave me a merciless smile. I wiggled my hands, trying to loosen the tight knots.

"Stop squirming or I'll knock you out again." Felix snapped. I obeyed, there wasn't a chance I would get out of these bonds anyway. We sauntered through the jungle until we reached Pan's camp. Felix parked me and Sam, who was still unconscious, on the ground with our backs against a tree. I had been stripped of all my weapons so I just sat there, waiting for Sam to wake up. After a few minutes, I heard him groan and his eyes fluttered open. He took in his surroundings.

"I'm sorry, Ava. We got caught." He murmured.

"It's not your fault." I reassured. It didn't matter anyway. We were in Pan's clutches yet again. And that was probably our last chance at escape. I hung my head.

Pan stomped over and yanked us both to our feet. He cut the rope binding our ankles but kept our hands restrained. He grabbed each of us by the back of the shirt and pulled us near the campfire. Pan tossed Sam into two Lost boy's arms but kept me in his grip. I heard bushes rustle and saw two figures being lugged into camp. They had bags over their heads but I could tell one was male and the other was female. Something was vaguely familiar about the two of them. Pan broke the silence.

"Well, since the gang's all here I guess we'll get started." He grinned.

"Now, I have what you want. So you will give me what I want in exchange. Understand?" Pan explained. The two figures nodded.

"Good." Pan nodded to the Lost boys holding them and they tugged off the bags on their heads, revealing their faces. I swear my heart stopped.

"Dad?"

OOOOOH CLIFFHANGER!! What did you guys think of this chapter? Thank you guys so much for 1k reads and all the kind comments! Every time I get positive feedback it makes me more motivated to write and update more! So, LOTS OF VOTES AND COMMENTS=FASTER UPDATES!! LOVE YOU GUYS! ❤️