Baelfire

When we returned to camp, all the Lost boys were all gathered around the fire, discussing something. My eyes immediately found Sam, who was leaning against a tree polishing a throwing knife. Felix paced over to Pan and whispered something to him. Pan nodded and said something back. Felix gathered about half of the Lost boys and they left camp. I strode over to Pan, who was walking towards his tent.

"Where are they going?" I demanded. He sighed.

"They just went to go pick something up." he said, annoyed.

"What are they picking up?" I asked, still following him. He was walking briskly towards his tent, like he was trying to get away from me. He turned to face me suddenly, and shot me a glare.

"You'll find out as soon as it gets here." He snapped. That made me stop in my tracks. He spun on his heel and stomped off to his tent. What's his problem? I shrugged it off and walked over to Sam. He smiled when he saw me.

"So, what did you and Pan do today?" He asked cautiously.

"He just took me on a tour of the island." I replied casually. He nodded, relieved.

"So, what are they going to get anyway?" I asked.

"Oh, they're going to bring back a new Lost boy." he said, excitement lighting up his eyes.

"New one? Where did he come from?"

"The shadow flew him in. But apparently, he dropped him in the ocean. Captain Hook told us he had him on his ship. So, they're going to go get him." he said.

"Who's Captain Hook?"

"Oh, Pan didn't tell you. He's a pirate that captains the ship The Jolly Roger just off the shores of Neverland." San informed me. I didn't remember seeing any ships on Dead Man's Peak. Suddenly, Pan emerged from his tent. I thought that some time alone would've cooled him off. But if anything he looked even angrier. After he had stalked past us and into the forest, I turned to Sam.

"What's his deal?" I said. He shrugged.

"Pan's been tense lately." he said nonchalantly.

"Why?"

"Nobody knows. He only really talks to Felix these days." Sam said. I stared into the patch of jungle that Pan had disappeared into. I decided to follow him. If he was hiding something, you could be sure as hell that I would figure it out. After detaching myself from Sam, I slipped into the jungle. I followed his tracks until they suddenly stopped. Almost like he sprouted wings and flew away.

"What the..." I muttered to myself. Maybe the area was cloaked? I put my feet on top of his footprints, walking just as he did. I walked past where his footprints stopped, crossing the invisible line. I was right, for when I stepped over the line I felt a very very slight tingle pass through my body. The presence of magic. What was Pan hiding? I heard a twig snap and froze. Suddenly, I felt someone's breath tickle the back of my neck.

"Were you following me, dear Ava?" Pan's voice whispered, centimeters from my ear. I gasped out of pure surprise and whipped my head around. Pan stood, smirking at the fact that he caught me off guard.

"Neverland's a dangerous place, love. What are you doing alone in the jungle?" he said as if addressing a child.

"I could ask you the same question." I hissed. He stepped forward until my face was inches away again.

"You know, Ava. Most crossings with me don't end well." he said darkly, his gaze threatening. I glared, to show him that I was not scared of him.

"You're hiding something, Pan. And I WILL find out what it is." I snarled. I spun around and marched back to camp.